Having a forum link in the App prior to launching

(Vladislav Kozub) #1

Good Morning,

I was thinking of the ways Freetrade could enhance the 44k potential users’ participation in forum discussions, as well as generally raise the awareness of it to the rest of our wide community.

Is there any scope for including a forum link in the App, just like there is a link to “What you’ll need to launch your Freetrade account”.

It could be something like “Also, check out the latest news and sneak peeks on our community forum” in the area highlighted in yellow:

Any thoughts?

(Christopher) #2

@Vlad it’s a great idea and I personally think it’s a no brainer. I believe the suggestion has been made before… :slight_smile:

(Tommy Lowe) #3

+1 Vlad. There’s a lot of room to ‘keep yourself busy’ on the forum whilst you wait to be onboarded I feel.

(Vladislav Kozub) #4

Spot on @tommy and @CTE. Forum is the only thing at the moment that fulfills the hunger for the App (at least for me personally). If there are people who may potentially be interested but unaware of it (e.g. checking the app occasionally but not the website/twitter), it would be great to catch them into the forum.

(James Storer) #5

Hey @Vlad I totally agree this is a good idea. We did look into this previously but prioritised adding intercom and the “what you’ll need” link. However I think it would be great to have more of a connection in-app to the community.

I’ll see what I can do in terms of getting this prioritised :+1:

(Vladislav Kozub) #6

You are a legend!

(James Storer) #7

:smiley:

Pro-tip for iOS devices… you can create a link to any webpage on Safari on your home screen:

Should hopefully tide you over for the time being!

(Rob Nicholson) #9

The black and pink is a cool symbol!

Freetrade uses Discourse software for their community, you can download the Discourse app then log into the Freetrade community from there. It’ll be better than on Safari…

Think you just need to type community.freetrade.io in the search box

(Cameron Chisholm) #11

+1 for Discourse, allows you to keep up with multiple communities too.

(Rob Nicholson) #12

A healthy list of communities there!!

Why not just have a link to a Open Wiki post, like What we know about the the latest crowdfunding round so far (FAQs) (Open Wiki) 📋 with details and a link to the help page?

You might get more participation if you somehow include community engagement to the Waitlist position.

:point_up: 100% this, I only really started posting when I added Freetrade to the Discourse app. It’s still Safari under the hood, but just made it way more convenient.

(Viktor) #14

Great idea! Centrally edited FAQs are a bit old-world. Long live the community. :fire:

Another great idea! Waitlist incentives will go away when the waitlist goes away in the future :wink: but your suggestion is excellent, as we could reward being a great community member with special badges, free Alpha, etc. Need to flesh out this more! :thinking:

(James Storer) #15

Ready for Development … Say whaaaat?!! :eyes:

(Alex Sherwood) #16

:boom::tada::clap:

In the run-up to our 18th Sept public launch, we released a new version of the app to the App Store. As well as a few minor bug fixes, we also added so a link to our community onto the waitlist screen so you can chat, learn and debate with other Freetraders before the rollout.

from the latest weekly update

(Alex Sherwood) #17