How many users now?

About 500 a day then. Great work.

1 Like

Thanks. Great stuff. August set to be slowest for while. Not sure why that would be. Still 500 a day is ok!

1 Like

Usually everyone is on holiday … this year not so much :frowning:

1 Like

Even though I imagine a lot less people are on holiday this year, it is still ‘Summer Holidays’ and typically there is a lot less activity in almost all sectors during this time. Once September hits there is usually an uptick in trading activity and various other markets which is reflected in share price and hopefully we see this reflected in sign ups. Also if there is another dip in the stock markets as many are predicting we could see further sign ups as users try to take advantage of the cheaper (relatively) prices.

4 Likes

Has Freetrade ever disclosed the value of assets under administration?

(Interested because I see A. N. Other broker announced $1bn in assets held on its forum.)

They’ve said the average portfolio is £2000 so that would imply 200,000 customers have 400m? Quick maths

So $500m. I would assume that the average portfolio value has been growing though since the £2000 figure was released.

There was a chart in the last pitch deck. Also in a recent podcast it was mentioned average balance is around 2k.

The last figure I saw on this was in the pitch deck. End of April ‘20 £125m for 150k customers

Very interesting, thanks for the replies @PoemofXtasy @saf @BOOM @AdamL

Any new joiners

1 Like

My mate just signed up:

222,54*

19 Likes

Seems to be slowing down again back to low 400s which is a disappointing but not completely unexpected.

Feel like some of the user number predictions above in the thread might not take into account an expansion to Europe. If Freetrade can pull it off then it would likely speed up user growth.

1 Like

Can anyone give an update on how the beta testing in Ireland and Holland is getting on and a rough idea of when the full roll out will happen. Thanks

18 Likes

The Central Limit Theorem (or law of averages) is that with larger number distribution is normal so average deviates not so much and portfolio rise and fall will average out too and probably move as per markets.

2 Likes

Did they say if the £2000 average is based on those with more than £0 or it includes those with an empty account?

2 Likes

@Freetrade_Team any update on the Irish beta when is it going live is there a hold up?

2 Likes

My mate just signed up:

224,72*

19 Likes

224,95* Friend just joined

24 Likes