How many users now?

Public raised $220m at a valuation of $1,200 per userā€¦

3 Likes

Yes from what I have came across with valuations ie:Robinhood-Public it seems to be they value them roughly $1200 per customer so I would guess when Freetrade hits 1 million customers in August they will be valued at approximately 0.9 - 1 billion Great British Pounds and then in 2022 after they have opened in Aus & NZ and Sweden & Netherlands and a few more countries they will easily be hitting 2-3 billion valuation in 2023-24
I guess once they hit North America between 2023-25 we will be looking at a 5 billion valuation. That was easy :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face: @Viktor @adam

8 Likes

Werenā€™t there musings of SE Asia market being the next target just recently? I personally know a lot of people in the region who want to get into trading but have no means to do so. May be a bigger opportunity than the red ocean of North America.

3 Likes

Yes, see this article which announces the Australia plans. It means it could be a base for further SE Asia expansion, which is v. interesting.

6 Likes

Maybe I am simplifying it but in the Middle East, there are alot of cash rich expats who invest in international markets mainly using interactive brokers. It would be a great market to hit in the medium term as no low cost brokers operate there.

1 Like

Canada is a big opportunity too - no Robinhood but they do have something called Wealthsimple which is zero commissions

Any new user numbers??

2 Likes

So in summary, weā€™re basically saying that the entire world is ripe for Freetrade expansionā€¦ :earth_americas: :yen: :dollar: :euro: :pound: :moneybag:

10 Likes

Wealthsimple is not the same thing. Itā€™s similar to Vanguard here and operates more as a fund. Use it for long term investing for my daughters.

1 Like

Am currently a bit wary about further expansion having witnessed the slow customer support first hand. If my experience is anything to go by, I think they need time to automate more things, speed up transactions and money movements and give customers more self-serve tools before chasing new markets. Iā€™ve been trying to manually ā€˜bed and isaā€™ some shares ahead of the tax year end and the whole process has taken 9 days so far with money currently stuck in the GIA account.

5 Likes

Can we maybe redirect some of this chat to Freetrade in the news šŸ—žļø and Freetrade Competitors? The new post notifications are probably getting peopleā€™s hopes up for new numbers :stuck_out_tongue:

16 Likes

600 000 users? I checked 2/3 days ago and the number was there already but forgot to post it here

14 Likes

Maybe next week. Anyone got a new number? :wink:

1 Like

Plug it in!!! :scream:

3 Likes

It was more of a joke given that each of the several new posts preceding mine were suggesting a different global region.

Totally agree about getting customer services levels back to where they were though.

Sorry for another off-topic post @zaccharles!

1 Like

They might be using a different calculation method because that same page (Courtier en ligne gratuit et sans commissions | Freetrade) was advertising 600 000 clients on monday or sunday and we have a user number input of 568 000 from saturday on the google sheet

1 Like

Friend signed up earlier:

577,8**k

75 Likes

Thanks for sharing! Look at the amount of likes youā€™ve got with that post. People have a pent up demand for user numbers. Letā€™s keep this thread to this main topic now

There are far too many of us wanting user numbers :sunglasses:

6 Likes

With 10 days left of the month itā€™s a near certainty 600k will be reached this monthā€¦

What happens when you add in more countries, improved app and improved customer service? Behemoth.

5 Likes

French waiting list opens tomorrow (maybe today) , excited for that to impact users numbers soon

14 Likes