How many users now?

Super stuff @Rollingskies, one request, can you take off the model forecast to make it more fun on the guessing for reaching the next milestone lol so we have a better chance of persuading freetrade to release more bomber jackets at the end of the year. Talking of which. What’s the plan for us getting the ones (whatever we get) for the 200k guesses :joy:

3 Likes

Is there any seasonality you sign ups which you can infer?

1 Like

No news in a week, so I am bumping this thread. Anyone with a new user number to update growth? :pray:

8 Likes

My mate singed to FT around 6.00pm on 5/08/20 and user number was 215,938

14 Likes

HL today stated that they added 188000 new users during the last quarter.

By comparison Freetrade 2020 Q2 figure was around 65000, hopefully the figure for 2020 Q3 will continue to grow.

7 Likes

Thanks alot for sharing :grin:

1 Like

188,000 was the figure added for the year for HL not the quarter.

For comparison also, they have 1.4m clients.

5 Likes

Thanks for correcting the period the HL figure was over. They stated today "1,412,000 active clients, an increase of 188,000 in the year "

By my estimate Freetrade grew by 162.5K in the preceding 4 quarters, so getting very close to being on a par with HL in new user numbers.

6 Likes
1 Like

Almost a week since our last update. Any new numbers? :grinning:

2 Likes

219 5** Wednesday Afternoon

15 Likes

Great stuff. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

About 500 a day then. Great work.

1 Like

Thanks. Great stuff. August set to be slowest for while. Not sure why that would be. Still 500 a day is ok!

1 Like

Usually everyone is on holiday … this year not so much :frowning:

1 Like

Even though I imagine a lot less people are on holiday this year, it is still ‘Summer Holidays’ and typically there is a lot less activity in almost all sectors during this time. Once September hits there is usually an uptick in trading activity and various other markets which is reflected in share price and hopefully we see this reflected in sign ups. Also if there is another dip in the stock markets as many are predicting we could see further sign ups as users try to take advantage of the cheaper (relatively) prices.

4 Likes

Has Freetrade ever disclosed the value of assets under administration?

(Interested because I see A. N. Other broker announced $1bn in assets held on its forum.)

They’ve said the average portfolio is £2000 so that would imply 200,000 customers have 400m? Quick maths

So $500m. I would assume that the average portfolio value has been growing though since the £2000 figure was released.

There was a chart in the last pitch deck. Also in a recent podcast it was mentioned average balance is around 2k.