How to get 14 dividend payments every month - video

New video just went live, would appreciate any likes, comments or subscribers

Thanks

20 Likes

Your delivery makes it obvious that you’re just reading a prepared statement. Use a more conversational tone, and ask questions of the viewer to get them to reflect on their own strategy more.

Instead of prescribing a set of stocks to own, either make it more general - talk about the industries to invest in for dividends, or make it more personal - describe one or two stocks per quarter that are in your personal portfolio, and elaborate on why you chose them.

I’d have mentioned more general concepts up front - like why dividends, dividend tax vs income tax, the 15% US tax, yield vs growth. Maybe you’ve covered these in an earlier video, but I don’t think it’d be a mistake to quickly cover it again for new viewers.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, I was just showing my research into the dividend payment dates in this video, I’m just a new investor so just sharing what I learn hoping it will help others

I do also cover why dividends at the end after the payment plan

1 Like

When fractional share buying is launched people will be able to try things like this out for a very low cost. Nothing like real money to learn with.

This is amazing work. Can you share the spreadsheet around 04:59?

1 Like

Yeah I will add in it in here shortly

1 Like

14 Likes

Nice rundown.

Added to our YouTube Playlist :pray:

1 Like

Wow thanks so much :grin:

This table honestly confuses me. I would have thought the crosses would correspondence with the month(s) those companies pay out, yet every month is ticket for all of them. And I have looked at some companies like BP who pay out 4 times a year rather than all around.

And the numbers don’t make any sense to me either. I’d have thought maybe like 6 stocks would fall under 1 meaning you could either buy those 6 stocks to make up one years worth of monthly paying portfolio, or those 6 would equal to the first quarter for example.

Unless you mean the number equate to calendar months (e.g. 1 is January) in which case why is there 14 and not 12? And why then the monthly table?

TL;DR: I basically don’t understand this. Please explain/clarify for an idiot like me.

Hey @Racxie it is confusing to start with. But if you notice that BP is in the same row with Cisco and Verizon, each of them paying 4 times a year, therefore all months are covered.
X in top left of cell is the company on the upper of the row (Cisco), X in the middle of cell is the middle company (Verizon), and X in bottom right is the lower company (BP).

Therefore the list has 32 stocks to give you 14 payouts per month (because of 5 paying monthly)

3 Likes

So each number row does equate to a set of shares that will net you monthly dividends? e.g UK Gilts pays every month?

If that table is correct, then yes, it is saying VGOV pays monthly.

1 Like

VGOV does indeed pay monthly.

https://www.vanguardinvestor.co.uk/investments/vanguard-uk-gilt-ucits-etf-gbp-distributing/distributions

1 Like

Lloyds bank are due to switch to quarterly dividends mid 2020

2 Likes

Thanks. Do you have the current yield for your list?

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying! Now just to figure out which have good yields to make it more worthwhile :grin:

(there’s a few on the list I’ve already been eyeing due to their decent yields so more reason to go for them anyway)

I know a few people who are into Lloyds but I’ve been put off by their low yields & bi-yearly dividend payments (and low capital gains), but this might just encourage me to invest in them after all.

Be interesting to see if Lloyds reinstates its share buyback program it paused due to a surge in ppi claims.

PPI claims ending will this provide further free cashflow to disribute to shareholders.

I may be the only one, but I’m a little alarmed by what seems like an unhealthy obsession with the frequency of income distribution in the community. For me at least, there are way more important factors such as sector diversification, dividend cover, dividend growth, debt and size of company–considerations that don’t seem to crop up much in these parts. What does it really matter whether a company pays out monthly or twice yearly?

12 Likes