I shares electric vehicle etf (ecar)

Unfortunately, I think I’m right in saying FT doesn’t (yet) have a mechanism in place for adding London-listed securities that are traded in USD. This seems to be the stumbling block for adding MNTN, as an example. Would a battery-focused ETF like BATG or CHRG fit the bill instead?

2 Likes

A fair enough such a shame. Thanks though

1 Like

No worries. Hopefully it’s in the works :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

This is untrue. A quick look and I can see two iShare $ ETF’s trading on the LSE that are available on Freetrade.

This ETF is UCITS compliant and theoretically could be provided. I note that the trading on this ETF is quite low and that would play a factor in deciding whether any resources should be put into including it.

2 Likes

Fair enough all depends on who sees the potential really love the holdings in this though

That may be the case. I am not making a for and against argument above - if you like a share you request it (just as you have :slightly_smiling_face:). If others agree with you then Freetrade will take it into account.

1 Like

I stand corrected! Thank you @bitflip. Which ETFs out of interest? I can’t seem to see them. That’s great news, hopefully MNTN can be added soon too :grinning:

2 Likes

To add new ones, it, of course, doesn’t mean that they don’t have to jump through a few hoops :slight_smile:.

2 Likes

Strangely, neither of those show up for me in the app. I can’t see any ETFs denominated in USD :thinking:

1 Like

Same

1 Like

That’s odd, my best guess is that it’s some duff information on the FT website.