IMPORTANT: Why we had to limit the US market on 29th January (not our choice and we engineered a solution)

Yes please as some other brokers where still open for trade but I was tied in with ft

DTCC are asking for 100% margin on the single stocks we are all talking about here so it does not matter whether it is CFDs, margin trading or cash trades. They’re now all the same: 100% cash upfront.

2 Likes

Any reason why NOK is still frozen on Freetrade while other US trades are open?

I don’t think you can read anything into whats open today. I’d imagine Monday morning we’ll get a message with good news or not.

1 Like

Every future unicorn buckles under pressure at one time or another, including Betfair and Revolut. The key is to resolve this issue and get back up and running as quickly as humanly possible. If you don’t have the resources to do so, get a quick fundraising done and hire like crazy and build the best platform in the UK (sadly FT isn’t top dog yet, but not far off). Need to strike while the iron is hot in this digital land grab.

12 Likes

FT had started to reopen some US stocks on Friday. The reason is that the FX provider reduced their limit by 18x, which means it became risky to allow people to buy high traffic stocks as if the limit was reached people would be unable to sell and exit their positions, which is dangerous. NOK would obviously be high traffic at the moment so would not have been one of the stocks considered to be reopened.

More: https://twitter.com/freetrade/status/1355196448938356743?s=20

3 Likes

Yes, it was annoying, inconvenient and shocking, to be honest, as I, and many others lost money because we couldn’t trade live etc. However, Freetrade have been transparent from the start and were not responsible for this issue. You shouldn’t have to refund me anything as you have done nothing wrong. If possible, don’t refund me January’s Plus fee. If you have no choice and refund it, I will give the money to charity.

10 Likes

the 24 hours people on many trading platforms wont get back

they didn’t stop retail “pirates” from selling though

the power of the crowds tho! :pirate_flag: “we can be retarded longer than you can be solvent”

1 Like

no trading app is free of citadel and point72 :frowning:

“rob in the hood”

1 Like

Robinhood receives revenue by payment of order flow to Citadel.

To my knowledge FreeTrade does not do payment for order flow.

In fact if I am not mistaken this restricted in the UK as it would break regulation rules (MiFID II). Not sure if this is going to get change now post Brexit though.

3 Likes

That’s right. Payment for order flow is banned in the UK.

7 Likes

so point72 go around it internationally with a great fintech saas that is drivewealth. but conflicts of interest man. heads they win, tails they win. clever actually

Im not sure spamming the forum with your conspiracy theories is well placed.

4 Likes

So what? What’s that got to do with here? You’re spamming unfounded conspiratorial accusations across the forum. its not helpful

4 Likes

well the other related discussion is already shut and this is the elephant in the room

Does anyone know if AMC will open back up on freetrade to make limit purchases before Monday? I moved £1000 into my ISA prior to market open Friday purely to ride the wave of this massive surge but now it’s been blocked off I’m not really left with any options. Not blaming freetrade but I need to know whether this is happening or not so I can either sit tight and order place or request a withdrawal so I can chuck it into another trading platform. Also doesn’t help how slowly withdrawals are e

@Nyxius it;s happening across various platforms. i never bought amc and gme but this is worrying because the middlemen can do it to other stops How many stocks will Robinhood let you buy? The numbers keep shrinking - The Verge

in case of ft, i think relying on old school banks for fx can help with operations. this gme and amc-like runs arent going away. it’s the internet. i know wall st dont like it when they can pump and dump at suit conferences but we cant do it online

this is how its done btw. :clap:

i saw this from stake. i saw a similar post on twitter by public.com

whate rh did was cringey

1 Like

Judging by what’s happening there is potential for AMC holders to make serious gains next week, several thousand in a few days, so I hope we hear back soon because I’m sure alot of us have our fingers on the trigger to either buy or pull out of FT

@Nyxius

amc is trying to survive because cinemas

this noise isnt helpin during the paperwork but its kind of funny

their current business model has no future

careful about riding that pump and dump wave