Introduce yourself 👋

Hi :wave: I’m Alex - newish to trading. Hoping to learn a lot here with everyone.

6 Likes

Hi I’m Sam :wave:

I’m a self employed writer/artist who currently trades crypto, I’m looking to dip my toes into stocks and this app seems like an easy way to get started.

5 Likes

Hi

I’m Ollie - been waiting for this kind of app for years and am looking forward to chucking in a few quid every month for fun. If all goes well I may chuck in a few more:-)

3 Likes

Hi I’m Lin, mother of 3 and work as a Med Sec in my local hospital. I got the crowdfunding bug in 2016 and it’s been a great learning curve. Hobbies are playing the armchair dragon, nutrition and Pilates. . Now Looking to expand my financial education further by chatting with you guys. It’s great to find this community!

13 Likes

Hi community! I’m Phil and I work in real estate. My hobbies are travelling and reading. I started investing a few years back with robo advisors and now I want do start trading stocks/funds myself. It’s great to be here and hope to learn a lot from you guys!

7 Likes

Hey All,

Been on freettrade for a while but never visited the communities before. Glad to be here and ready to learn.

9 Likes

Hi Ya! I Jumped on the Free Trade Bus at round 3900~ loving It! what a fantastic concept.

7 Likes

Greetings Freetraders! I’m Lorenzo :ok_man: :v:

6 Likes

Hello community.
New user here.
Just introducing myself.
I queue jump would be very much appreciated if possible.

Thanks people

5 Likes

I am Louise I got scammed by a fake trader online trading crypto’s (Binary option) however I am not giving up. I am here to learn and expand my knowledge in investing and trading stocks. I believe being here is safe and will be able to learn a lot as a newbie. I am hopeful.

14 Likes

Guys I wanted to share with you my blog I started a while ago. It is going to follow my path from living on 2 quid a day to hopefully being financialy independent down the road using Freetrade.
I am going to share my progress aswell as useful tips which I am picking up along the way.
If anyone want to have a read - https://zerotofreedom.org
It is still quite new and have a lot to improve, but hope you guys enjoy it.

9 Likes

:wave:!

Newbie in trading and very late with my introduction.

Born Macedonian, 100% Serb, proud FreeTrade community member. London based.

S

8 Likes

Hello and nice to meet you all! My name’s Jeremy and I’m an amateur investor at present. Started a few years ago through the burst in cryptocurrencies and have since moved onto stocks and have a robo advisor ISA too. Loving the app so far and enjoying gradually building my dream portfolio! A digital marketer by day and really passionate about emerging and disruptive technologies!

I’ve mentioned it in the stock request section, but very keen to see The Trade Desk (TTD) in the app - fast growing media giant!

5 Likes

Hey Jeremy, welcome to the community :wave:

Thanks for requesting TTD, hopefully we can include them in one of the upcoming batches of new stocks.

It’s cool to hear that you started out with cryptocurrencies, I reckon quite a few of the people who’re investing with us for the first time did. I’m looking forward to hearing how you get on & whether we manage to persuade you to switch from that robo-advisor :smile:

1 Like

Isa and in due course sipp transfers hint hint

3 Likes

Thanks Alex :smile: I’ll be at the meetup next week so would be good to chat more!

Re: robo advisor, trouble is, being a relatively new investor (within the last 5 years), as mentioned I still consider myself amateur, so for that reason I see freetrade as investing somewhat with my heart in tech mainly, tesla, amd, square etc. Where as the robo advisor weights my money based on data, expected returns and isn’t concerned by the company.

Plus, investing in both gives more chance of a diversified portfolio…

However - always open to change things if I hear a good argument! :wink:

2 Likes

A diverse portfolio of ETFs will do the same thing but without having to pay the fees for someone else to pick them. Stops any bias you might have towards a certain sector or companies.

All my opinion of course :grin:

7 Likes

Interesting… thanks Emma. :slight_smile:

To be honest I’m not attached to it at all so good to hear other options and potentially more profitable places it can be moved to!

4 Likes

:wave: Hello, you can call me Holden.

I Recently graduated from the University of Winchester in the UK studying Digital Media and secured my first job at a Digital Marketing Agency shortly after just based outside of London.

A discussion came about at work during the first few months about investing. I’d never really looked into it. I became interested as I started asking more and more questions to a point where I would become totally obsessed and start researching myself. I’m still a beginner at the minute and I do wish I started a couple years earlier when I was 18 but 22 isn’t so bad compared with most.

I first came across FreeTrade when I was watching a video on YouTube where someone was talking about the app Robinhood and that there was this app coming out which was similar in the UK.

I’ve been using the app for three weeks or so now, so far it’s been pretty lit and I’m looking forward to being apart of the growth, I believe this app can go far, the main reason because it’s based on what the community wants. :100:

14 Likes

Hello Holden. Starting at 22 is pretty special, I wish I had at that age. You have so much time ahead of you. You could get rich slowly and at minimal risk, which sounds boring but is, basically, a super power :slight_smile:

7 Likes