Introducing annual subscriptions and pricing changes

@Emmie, this is so on point, thank you for writing it.

I’ve been digesting the news about the price increase/redistribution, and also feel similarly about it. It’s fine to increase prices, but the lack of comms (about the increase and in general) is worrying.

Also, I appreciate the improvements that FT has been doing, but it’s simply not enough. Especially in terms of adding features to the interface. Some sort of repeat investment interface is an absolute must, yet there has been very little progress on it (mostly feedback sessions due to really weirdly implemented initial go of a million standing orders). Dividend calendar has also been a feature that has been requested over and over. Changes to the plot interface (option for seeing a graph of the loss/gain instead of total portfolio) has also been raised several times. These are purely interface changes/features that don’t require external collaboration, third parties, bureaucracy, etc. As someone in tech, I am blown away that FT is making more progress in more bureaucratic areas than it is where it has the most direct control. Do you not have enough engineers? Do you have plans to hire more?

10 Likes