Introducing annual subscriptions and pricing changes

The plus plan price rise of Ā£2 to Ā£12 a month, still represents good value to me.

My mobile phone bill has risen ~15% this year, gas and electric have had significant rises etc.

I donā€™t think the rise is unreasonable given the current general high inflation of prices in the UK.

As others have mentioned earlier, I think Freetrade should issue a statement detailing why they are raising the subscription prices - to remove any uncertainty around this change.

7 Likes

Putting up the fees is good thing? Seriously?
I am afraid if they need to put up prices by that amountā€¦ suddenly I am getting scared.
It appears I canā€™t reply because we are in slow mode!
Does that just apply to me!

I have said on a few posts previously that I moved here from ii. It was cheaper and free to buy and sell, instead of Ā£7.99 per trade there as well as. Ā£9.99 a month fee for GIA and ISA. After the price alterations last August I dexided to stay at 9.99 and get a SIPP as I was already starting to move old pensions about, so moved them into my FT sipp instead of Pension Bee where I was aiming to put them. 12 quid a month is 2 pints of Guinness on a Friday nightā€¦

So I will be sticking with FT however, as has been said, the fee for annual Plus should be able to be paid for from ISA/SIPP cash funds.

7 Likes

I think it depends depends what your perspective is. If every other business is raising prices to avoid going bust and FT does not, would that not worry you? I would far rather FT does what it needs to do to remain in business than to go bust. We would all be complaining about that, but not here. All on our lonesomes or in some other forum - probably asking why they were so stupid not to raise their prices to keep their businesses and our services going!

1 Like

I get what you mean not saying there shouldnā€™t be improvement, just saying those are the models. If Freetrade moved to a % model, Id move my account to someone else for example. It just depends on what people are looking for

I am not. My statement was you are going over the top with ā€œworth itā€™s weight in goldā€
That is over the top!
As an aside I have got plus. Maybe they will answer my question from yesterday!!

This was the answer to question yesterday
Hi :wave:

We received your message, and weā€™ll get back to you within three working days.
Okay they maybe less than that but

Contacted trading 212 today reply in less than 1 hour.

Fees have gone down for Plus users :joy:

If you donā€™t want to subscribe and youā€™re this unhappy with the changes - good luck using T212 :wave:

1 Like

Sweet Million cherry toms :tomato: :tomato:

Back on topic, I emailed Freetrade and got a response (about annual subscription) within 2 mins.

Unlike some here, I trade 99% UK stocks so the FX fee changes donā€™t have any real relevance to me.

Also, all the investments I want to invest in are now available (the last few unavailable were added recently).

Like others, I have a SIPP so I got a price decrease when they wrapped the fee in within the Plus fee.

As such, Iā€™ll be switching to annual payment. Freetrade isnā€™t perfect, but neither are the other providers I use (HL and AJBell).

6 Likes

You seem to be taking an idiom literally. What is my statement over the top of?

To understand my statement you need to understand what an idiom is.

Maybe support find you difficult to communicate with and bump you down the list? They are very quick in my experience.

1 Like

Enjoying this being not my problem.

31 Likes

Tee hee!

2 Likes

Freetradeā€™s original business model was never sustainable - Look at the share price of Robinhoodā€¦ Nothing is FREEā€¦ So looking back the company name now looks very strange but anyway Iā€™m stuck with them :flushed:

Itā€™s still free to buy or sell a stock = Freetrade

In the very early days, it was a bit of a misnomer as it cost Ā£1 per instant trade, which, for those of us who came from the likes of HL, still thought was a massive bargain!

8 Likes

@Emmie, this is so on point, thank you for writing it.

Iā€™ve been digesting the news about the price increase/redistribution, and also feel similarly about it. Itā€™s fine to increase prices, but the lack of comms (about the increase and in general) is worrying.

Also, I appreciate the improvements that FT has been doing, but itā€™s simply not enough. Especially in terms of adding features to the interface. Some sort of repeat investment interface is an absolute must, yet there has been very little progress on it (mostly feedback sessions due to really weirdly implemented initial go of a million standing orders). Dividend calendar has also been a feature that has been requested over and over. Changes to the plot interface (option for seeing a graph of the loss/gain instead of total portfolio) has also been raised several times. These are purely interface changes/features that donā€™t require external collaboration, third parties, bureaucracy, etc. As someone in tech, I am blown away that FT is making more progress in more bureaucratic areas than it is where it has the most direct control. Do you not have enough engineers? Do you have plans to hire more?

10 Likes

TBF it was cheeky as hell adding the European stocks by country to make the list look much bigger than it really was :rofl: Same as adding lines for 1 and 7 day plus another for 1m and 6m etc. They have added and suggestions they have not are silly but they have also not really added great things people really want or are in Beta permanently.

Web page is pointless, recurring orders is terrible unless you want lots of long bank statements and the dividend info is horrendous as not in one place like a calendar. Donā€™t get me started on the app screen being smaller due to an inbox that now alerts me constantly for adverts I never needed or wanted and canā€™t turn off unless I turn off the important notifications. :smiling_face_with_tear:

It feels like jack of all trades and master of none attitude.

That said it is a free app and still very good and competitive and guess they have a plan they are not sharing.

1 Like

Freetrade blocking people on Twitter

1 Like

I know :joy: thatā€™s why I removed them from my count

The point was more that theyā€™ve done work. I agree room for lots of iterative improvements on existing features as well

1 Like

Oh no. Somebody call the social media police! :rotating_light:

Also, just noticed that userā€™s profile has a link to get a free T212 share. Not like theyā€™ve got a hidden agenda.

Were they booted off here in the past? The name looks familiar.

7 Likes

Once against itā€™s nonsense calculation. no one gets an ISA if they only have Ā£100 to invest

15 Likes

Elon fired then :rofl:

3 Likes