Stock Requests category reloaded: "Stock Requests & Discussions"

Today we’re moving our stock requests to the community with a new #stock-requests category :tada:

Everyone can request the stocks & ETFs that they’d like Freetrade to add to our Stock Universe (so that you can invest in them), by creating a new topic for their stock in this category. Other users can vote for these requests to help us prioritise what to add.

I’m hoping that this will help introduce users to stocks that they’re not familiar with already, make voting more transparent & enable us to give you better feedback about when / whether we’ll be adding your requests :boom:

You can see the most popular requests here.

Feel free to discuss the reasons why you’re interested in a particular company in these threads too. But keep the investing chat guidelines in mind of course :wink:

So check out the current list & if you don’t see a stock / ETF that you want, create the topic now.

Please follow this template for these topics:
  • An image of the company’s logo
  • Topic’s title is the brand name, a ‘-’ & the stock ticker symbol e.g. Apple - AAPL
  • Include a short description of the company
  • A link to the company’s Wikipedia page
  • A link to the company’s page on Google Finance (these are tricky to find search for “[company name] Google Finance” on Google, then copy the URL from there (the green link)

I can add this for you after you’ve created the post if you need me to :smile:

There’s more details about our plans for US stocks here too -

9 Likes

Great idea, thank you! But does is it necessary to add stocks that are in the universe already? I was under the impression they were going to be offered once the US stocks are launched.

4 Likes

It’s generally not necessary to add those, although I’m curious to see the most popular stocks anyway..

5 Likes

Yes, so would I, some sort list showing popular shares on Freetrade would be cool to see. It’s more a curiosity than anything else.

I wonder how long I’ll be able to hold on to the 50 votes this time :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Adding all US tradable stocks, ETFs, preferred stocks

Boohoo and Tesla please!

6 Likes

@Freetrade_Team1 Thanks for the link. So how does this work. Once I put a request in how many days will I have to wait before the stock appears on Freetrade?

Or is it simply a request and although it may be considered, it may never even appear on the platform? Thanks

There isn’t a set timeframe for adding certain stocks, we’ll do our best to add any requests as quickly as possible & let you know if we can’t for any reason, like this.

Just a quick heads up - there’s not a discussion about whether we should simply add all stocks & why we haven’t here Adding all US tradable stocks, ETFs, preferred stocks.

Please get involved in the discussion there because your posts will be more visible, as we sometimes have to hide posts in the #stock-requests category from the Latest feed, when there have been a lot of requests :raised_hands:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Broadcom

I’ve got about 30-40 US stocks I’d like to request. Do I need to make a new post for each of them?!

6 Likes

Hi How do I vote for a stock to be added that is already mentioned on the #stock-requests?

At the top of the topic for that stock there’s a big purple vote button. Just tap that

3 Likes

Would it be possible in the future to add stocks from China?
I’ve got my eye on a company that seems to be doing big things.

4 Likes

Given the predicted growth in the European market it would be great to see some CBD stock options available l :slight_smile:

6 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: CD Projekt Red - WSE:CDR

Out of interest, why do we need to request new stocks?

Is there a cost, or a lot of effort involved in adding new stocks? Assumed the FTSE 250 companies would be available, but that’s not the case.

Been researching some companies only to find they weren’t here yet :disappointed_relieved:, don’t want new customers to have this problem too. The more stocks you offer, the more customers you’ll be able to obtain, right?

15 Likes

It would be great to include PURP.L, Levi, WDC, WW, RACE, LGF.A and so many more…I would then truly be fully invested.

Way to go, Freetrade.io for opening the door to investing in the modern age, to people that

would otherwise be left out!!

2 Likes

FTSE 100 stocks should be obtainable on the platform in my opinion, this would be a very beneficial feature

2 Likes

Can I request that Slack is listed on FT as soon as possible please.

SLACK

Slack is where work flows. It’s where the people you need, the information you share and the tools you use come together to get things done.

6 Likes