Freetrade's crowdfunding round 📈

The email was sent and the link was also available on this forum

Crowdcube are not unsuitable, I have been investing through them for 5 years

4 Likes

Your experience was completely different to mine.

Many of us (including myself) got the email - have you checked your junk mail folder? Also It’s beyond FT’s control if CC hasn’t built their servers to handle such high volumes - I don’t think anyone including FT expected that. Hell I’ve seen bigger organisations crash under high volumes of pressure, except in this case it was CC who wasn’t prepared not FT, so the blame should lie with them.

If FT had been providing the crowdfunding on their platform then sure, the blame would have been with them. But no one can ever foresee the amount of traffic there might be.

2 Likes

It’s dropped to 1.8million raised now

3 Likes

Unfortunately no one could have predicted that the platform would fall over

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Let us know if you invested the more than once in our crowdfunding round & you want to keep them all!

Will previous Investor in the last round have prior Access? as i wasnt able to invest today?

Did they not refund the 1.5% on the dupes?

1 Like

Next time let’s do the raising via FreeTrade app. Let’s test them serverless engines @Ian , that should auto-scale on demand! :grinning:

11 Likes

A story about business growing too fast…

1 Like

Yeah I checked my spam folder - even searched all my mails too - nothing.
On the plus side at least I lost nothing, other than time.

Thank you

Such a shambles
Edit: from CC

3 Likes

There’s going to be people disappointed they don’t get the EIS relief and that’s unfortunate, I’m lucky I managed to invest the amount I wanted plus a bit extra in the first few minutes. I’ve given up some of my investment as Crowdcube thought it was a duplicate investment so a little more EIS is available, if you want EIS relief then there are other options on Crowdcube at the moment, my buddies at Esign are on there, they only want 100K and they are superstars, bung them a few £ :slightly_smiling_face:. Nansens looks interesting as well, I’ve put a few £ in them…

A post was merged into an existing topic: Let us know if you invested the more than once in our crowdfunding round & you want to keep them all!

Oh man. If we had the time we would have loved to have self hosted it.

Next time :grinning:

17 Likes

We’re discussing the process, and we’ll update the bullet points at the top of this thread as soon as we’ve finalised it!

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Let us know if you invested the more than once in our crowdfunding round & you want to keep them all!

I had a look at some of the other projects and in all honesty none of them interested me. Then I tried to browse through the site more but it just kept failing regardless of what I tried to sort by. CC really is terrible imo.

You are right you can’t predict the amount of traffic there might be but you can come up with a good estimate of the upper limit - assume all those who got sent an email will invest and do it in the 20mins before it goes public. Work out the number of transactions per minute. FT then ask CC if their platform has been tested at this level and how did it really perform?

1 Like

The site was overwhelmed, by definition more people tried to use it than was expected. Good news for Freetrade in the longer term and you can see that Freetrade and Crowdcube are doing what they can to resolve the situation. In hindsight they might do things differently but companies estimate these things and sometimes get it wrong.

7 Likes