Investing in whisky

Ever tried a Yoichi? That’s my fav from :jp:

3 Likes

@adam Now I have to try it. I’m too curious. And I don’t even drink!

2 Likes

I shall have to try it, Yoichi

1 Like

Yes! I can’t post just ‘yes’ so I’ll add ‘definitely’.

£1,000 and it’s yours

… or 2000 Freetrade shares?

Or you could go 35 year old karuizawa for a very reasonable $12,000

2 Likes

For which you could instead buy 300 bottles of standard single malt.

Interested as well that a couple of whiskies have become super-popular with investment bank finance bros - pappy van winkle in particular but JW Blue too. It’d be nice to find an emblem whisky for new finance. Something price accessible but still awesome.

3 Likes

Ooh challenge set, I like it!

2 Likes

Big fan of glenfarclas and aberlour abunadh

They’re still reasonable. Sort of.

1 Like

Isn’t a’bunadh cask strength? “A warriors drink!”

2 Likes

@Freetrade_Team Did the Abelour distillery tour a few weeks ago , great tour and even better tasting! Managed to stock up on a few bottles of A’Bunadh, it’s my favourite whiskey.

4 Likes

Indeed. More whisky for your buck!

1 Like

So who can tell me a reasonably priced Whisky I can get for my Dad. Hoping to get one from 1948. Only finding £2.5k upwards bottles, which I can’t afford.

1 Like

@Chris , any vintage that old is going to be super expensive and rare. You could check out what kind of whiskey he keeps in the cupboard, if he has a 12 year old maybe get him an 18 , 21 or even a 25 year old from the same distillery. Just my thoughts. That’s what I would want anyway.

2 Likes

Dalmore 18 is beautiful.

If you or your dad likes dark chocolate, this is the baby to get!

1 Like

I’ve normally just gone by which bottle looks interesting and I’m sure he hasn’t had before. Fancied doing something special for his 70th.

I’ll see how expensive it gets. There’s a limit my Sister and I can afford :slight_smile:
Dalmore 18 is on the checklist. Thanks @Justin

Even quite ordinary bottlings from 1948 will be super expensive now.

Something from Berry Bros is really cool or one of the independent bottlers - Mackillop’s or Gordon & MacPhail

2 Likes

Redbreast 21 might be a good shout if he likes chocolate.

This is great. Thanks people. Very much appreciated.

I should have just invested in freetrade for him. That’s a gift that would keep on giving.

4 Likes