Is anyone else following the Citron short seller vs WallStreetBets chaos?

Set a trigger sell at $900 :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Well this is going extremely well so far isn’t it.

2 Likes
1 Like

When this tops out, what is the liquidity going to be like for all the people trying to bail at once? will these people with large positions actually be able to cash out or will there be much wailing and gnashing of teeth?

6 Likes

Lol!

They said if you want to make money in classic cars you buy the cars that today’s millennial millionaires had on their walls as teenagers.

It feels like something similar is happening with stocks for brands that peaked around the same time with the wsb nostalgia bump. Just replace silicon valley millionaires with credit card-fuelled degens and replace 80’s Camaros with Gamestop, Nokia and Blackberry shares.

6 Likes

Amazing volatility today GME up to 150 and back down to 100
almost all Growth and Momentum stocks swinging wildly

1 Like

BB is in an ETF I hold, I was wondering why its value had gone through the roof today :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

Very good analogy, haha. Gotta de-generate those gains.

2 Likes

Customers who lose money in these wild stocks don’t come back. The ethos of Freetrade is better than this. Everyone here should keep a cool head and always do your due diligence.

15 Likes

:point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2:

Absolutely this. I created this topic, perhaps I should add something to the first post discouraging people from participating in this madness.

12 Likes

The share price has crashed now

1 Like

:joy:

15 Likes

it is crazy. im here to invest, not trade though, so happy to sit this out!

2 Likes

I’m curious though what effect this will have on ft sign ups

1 Like

I think it upset a few as its Plus only.

Until they join the S&P500 again obviously :joy::money_mouth_face:

4 Likes

2 Likes

This is it. The end of capitalism. We’re witnessing the final stages of a collapsing system.

Stock up on tinned goods.

4 Likes

This looks like a future blockbuster film in the making :smile:

7 Likes

I haven’t checked Wall Street Bets in months but it’s absolute comedy gold right now - some of the comments are great.

They’re treating it like a war against the MMs😂. Lots of people are talking about a massive push in GME on Friday to squeeze the shorts.

Will be interesting if they can pull it off for BlackBerry too. Someone on WSB posted the following extract from the FT today!! :joy:

One Reddit user claimed he had taken his father’s life savings and put it all into BlackBerry stock with a “you only live once” attitude. “Told him ‘It’s either retirement on a yacht or food stamps for him’.”

7 Likes