Is there any way to get my money back after multiple crowdcube investment failures since 2014?

I see what you did there… :cow:

1 Like

Sympathize with your situation, truely awful. I feel you, as technically websites such as Crowdcube do acknowledge the extreme risks, but I don’t feel they really present the risks as they are.

Crowdcube claims GBP >1bn invested, and GBP 60m returned to investors. Thats a DPI of 0.06… Theres quite some unrealised value obviously, but I think we can say confidently say that this is deep into the sophisticated investor space.

I only recently started to invest in crowdfunding and threads like this really help me temper my the initial enthouasism I often have for startups and do really deep diligence prior to investing.

6 Likes

I also dabbled a bit with crowdcube investing with a few hundred quid in total in 3 companies actually. Two I am fairly confident in and the last one was more of a “hug a tree to feel good about yourself for doing something that could be good for the environment BS.” type of investment, and whether they are just a pipe dream or not remains to be seen. They are:

what3words
Freetrade
Celtic Renewables

I don’t think I will be investing through crowdcube again, way too risky, but rather through actual stock market listings (hint: using freetrade :wink: )

…but I feel your pain; 25k is a :poop: load of money. Other than that I’m afraid my reply to your thread is of no help whatsoever other than moral support

2 Likes

Invest in start ups expecting to lose all your money using only money you can afford to lose. Any other expectation is self delusion. Ultimately you are hoping for 1 of 10/20/30 to go >30x and you are in the money despite the other 9/19/29 total losses- but that’s by no means guaranteed. So refer to the first sentence.

Everyone who invests on CrowdCube and I assume other platforms has to self certify they know what the doing (eg they are a regular, sophisticated or high net worth investor - if you tick that box and you actually are not what you say then you lying.

2 Likes

2022 should bring some big returns and rewards on,
Monzo,
Cornish Lithium &
Freetrade

3 Likes

Continue the discussion here -