Is your portfolio up or down?

Tbf it seems to do fairly well generally, so thereā€™s no bad time to jump in?

Interesting contrast of hype stocks and blue chip stocks.

2 Likes

I have a similar strategy to him, I do take some risks but the majority of my portfolio is big boring blue chip cash generators

Iā€™ve barely noticed the dip people are complaining about.

5 Likes

Same. I did jump into a lot of the companies that have tanked early on but as soon as I started actually researching and reading I sold it all off and rebuilt around a much more conservative, long term approach and I sleep a lot easier as a result.

Etsy and Docu sign are my risky picks and theyā€™re both suffering at the moment but Iā€™ll be holding unless I stop believing in them.

2 Likes

:+1: Thatā€™s the problem with hype stocks - they are hyped UP. I am similar to you in most of my stocks are reliable big companies that generally trend up and down but upwards in all so I am not worried about dips. I do buy quite a few other stocks but only buy in the dips so even they never really bother me much as they generally trend up over time.

I loved the title of a you-tube film about you-tube hyped stocks though :joy: Everyone monetising on you-tube even when blaming you-tube.

1 Like

Sadly, nobody ever seems to hype up the stocks Iā€™m holdingā€¦ :cry:

5 Likes

From what Iā€™ve read, value stocks historically outperform growth stocks as well.

2 Likes

Have we reached the bottom of this dip yet?

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure thereā€™s an emoji for lemmings, but I canā€™t find itā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t try to predict dips, I assume you canā€™t time the market or at least no macro knowledge of the market, and then buy companies that look attractive at their current price. Dips definitely present good opportunities to buy though!

Yes true. Essentially you are buying at prices back in November/December, providing it all goes back up again!

Well, I went down to something like -Ā£5 in the afternoon and it rallied to +Ā£1 in the end.

Still, everyone could panic again tomorrow and weā€™ll be back into the red again.

2 Likes

2 Likes

10 Likes

Iā€™m not opening this app till next month.
Yikes!

1 Like

My journey

11 Likes

Why, whatā€™s happened? Mines still green. :+1:

11 Likes

Thatā€™s a very good one :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Love that. So true :slightly_smiling_face: