iShares ECAR ETF 🚘⚑️

This ETF fund by i shares is great exposure to the electric vehicle revolution coming. (ECAR) will track Stoxx Global Electric Vehicles & Driving Technology index. This is composed of 96 companies that manufacture electric cars, batteries and car parts.
To give a example Tesla is number 3 in the funds top 10 holdings if you look at the fact sheet. https://www.ishares.com/ch/institutional/en/products/307130/

Looks like it’s available only on a select few platforms right now.

https://finki.io/finkiSearch/searchResults.php?isin=IE00BGL86Z12

1 Like

I’ve currently got it in my H+L portfolio but see that Freetrade have a few i share ETF’s already available on here, hopefully something they could work on getting for us?

This one as well is delicious.

Any update on this one? Very keen

2 Likes

I’d also like to see this on Freetrade.

@Viktor @sampoullain
Is this a easy hit for the next batch? (Please!!) :+1: :grinning:

3 Likes

I would really like to see this etf added!

1 Like

Bump this!

1 Like

Another push for this one:

Biden has announced US-made 650,000 government vehicles. No details of which manufacturers but this ETF holds the leading US ones. The implication is huge infrastructure spending and R&D for engines of specific purposes like mountain rescue and post office.

1 Like

+1!!!

I was disappointed not to see any of the Chinese (US listed) EV companies in this ETF but I guess that’s a regulatory thing?

I was hoping this might be a back door to getting exposure to the likes of NIO in my ISA/LISA.

SMT hold 5% NIO, of course you’d have to be happy with the rest of the holdings

Had to google that - of course the famous Scottish Mortgage Trust. I’ve not done enough research into them and the media makes it sound like they’re only successful on the back of their luck with Tesla.

Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Considering they bought Tesla at something like $6 yeah… Tesla did them really well :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Yes please!

Give this one a little bump, otherwise more I will have to get on T212 :frowning:

Please add this !!! Looking to open my ISA with you guys but not unless I can invest in some electric vehicles etf!

1 Like

Welcome to Freetrade Community @Ymagiolo !
:clap:

@sampoullain
Any clue?
Can this be added? Is it on list to do in coming weeks?

1 Like