iShares Global Clean Energy ETF - INRG

Legend thanks mate

2 Likes

Full updated holdings list

11 Likes

Thanks, I was in a conversation with a friend and they insisted the companies this ETF invests in still.includes energy companies that use a mix of non clean and clean fuel. :smile:

1 Like

That should be correct. Enel uses gas for example as well. I’m sure there’s others on the list. But most of their electricity production is renewable.

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just watched Biden’s speech on climate change and the new US targets. I took two things from it, Biden still can’t read an autocue properly, and can someone tell the yanks that Glasgow is pronounced GLAS GOE, Not GLAS GOW.

9 Likes

Wait till you hear how they say tomato…

8 Likes

I am guessing that the money from this fund only goes to the divisions that deal in clean energy and if not then that is a bit of a con job surely.

Almost like giving a vegetarian a Quorn burger with bacon rasher :joy:

2 Likes

The new index refresh means that there are a small number of companies added that are not 100% clean. Examples include SSE plc

4 Likes

@J4ipod94 That’s naughty!

2 Likes

and more annoyingly, means my neo hippy, corporations are evil friend is correct :grimacing:

4 Likes

Lol auto quees are very difficult lol

Losing hope in this ETF :confused:

1 Like

It’s increasingly looking high risk.
I’m holding out and see what happens end of the month.

I’m average share of about £11.83. Nearly cut losses at £10.01 last week. Think I will if it goes over £10 again.

The dividend is poor too at 0.57%

Yeah I’m going to wait it out and hope it raises slightly before cutting losses admittedly this isn’t a lot.

I think I’ll cut my losses next week too. Even though I’ll make a loss, the money that is tied up here could be invested in some more profitable to make up for the loss.

This is a long long term hold for me. As are all ETF’s. You have to hold for years not months. If you can’t do that, then there are plenty of miners and meme stocks to trade.

I can see this being double the current price within 3-5 years which is fine for me.

15 Likes

Totally agree with HighlandTiger. It is easy to get disheartened after seeing this ETF drop as much as it has in the past few months, especially after its meteoric rise last year.

For me, it is currently dragging my portfolio down - it’s my third largest holding and the only one that is >10% down!

However, I believe in this one long-term, just need to tell my brain to stop worrying about it after a day or two in the red!

Edit: To add one more, loosely linked, statement - I bought some shares in Tullow Oil last year, cried as they (rather quickly) dropped by nearly 70%. Decided to hold after almost pressing the sell button on numerous occasions, they are currently up >50%. This ETF is nothing compared to that rollercoaster ride! :woozy_face:

2 Likes