iShares Global Clean Energy ETF - INRG

HANetf has a competitor to this that uses the same index INRG used to use ie 30 stocks. Its also 10bp cheaper and uses carbon offsets to make the investment carbon neutral. HANetf S&P Global Clean Energy Select HANzero™ UCITS ETF ‘ZERO’

2 Likes

Only available on the plus account unfortunately heccy

I first invested in this back in Feb when it was at £12.74. Averaged down so now at £9.13. It’s now starting to ofset my Oatly losses!

3 Likes

Interesting article. HANetf S&P Global Clean Energy Select HANzero™ UCITS ETF ‘ZERO’ outperformed INRG by 3% in October. Is 10 bps cheaper & is carbon neutral as it employs carbon offsets. Why would you buy the legacy ETF???

Bought this at the peak of COP 26, as I was new to trading. Bought at £10.36, now it’s worth £9.07. I’m saving for 5 years time, would I be better keeping this or cutting my losses and putting it into VUSA or VWRL instead?

1 Like

Hi @muccy

Welcome welcome welcome :ocean:

I’m afraid that nobody can tell you what to do. The best advice would be to revisit your reasons for buying and ask yourself - has anything changed (other than the price)

If yes - does it change how you see the long term investment thesis

If no - stay put and buy more at a discount. Topping up monthly a little every time smooths out and bumps in the road.

It’s also important to remember decisions aren’t binary. You could sell some or invest new money into other funds.

Good luck and hopefully you’ll find good information in the community and share things if you find anything interesting. You don’t have to be an expert to stumble in an interesting story or article.

4 Likes

I’m thinking I should hold really, I think fundamentally the companies in the fund should all grow significantly in the next 5 year’s, so the stock price will too, also more people are being encouraged to invest in green energy and climate crisis will only accelerate. I think I bought at a time of hype, which led some people to sell and perhaps buy back later.

Do people think this fund will grow much in 5 years?

3 Likes

This fund definitely has potential over5 years, but in the shirt term you / we will likely see more volatility.

I think a lot of US investors are trying to wean themselves off ‘growth’ investments while the stockmarket is rocky. That will hit INRG and other clean energy funds I think.

Once the volatility calms down a bit, it will be easier to see the long term potential IMO.

2 Likes

The slide continues! 823 at the time of writing… anyone else filling their boots at the moment?

2 Likes

Might be hope for this one yet.

1 Like

I bought another chunk of this in the morning as I figured it might benefit from this (energy independence and a more dovish fed) - never got so lucky with timing a buy.

5 Likes

What are peoples thoughts on INRG these days? Their weighted holding of ENPH has almost doubled since last year to 9%~ making it their largest single holding.

1 Like

Bumped today I guess on back of US news now that the senate seems to be backing Biden climate plans

Hopefully this doesn’t swing back down :+1:.

Newbie here. How come I’ve had this for over a year but never received a dividend ??

Hey @Rx2,

Assuming you held the shares on the 13/May/2021 these are the distributions you should have got

Please ignore the 26/May/2021 payable date row if you did not hold the shares on 13/May/2021.

The actual date the money hit your account may be a few days later.

If you are still convinced that you haven’t received your dividends please email money@freetrade.io or if you are a standard/plus subscriber please use your app to message support. Individual account queries can’t be dealt with on the public community boards.

2 Likes

Hm is this one to hold on to? What’s the break down of the different shares within this portfolio? I’m at a loss on it and wondering if we think there is any chance of recovery hm

the list of holdings can be seen on the stocks webpage Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs) | iShares UK – BlackRock

2 Likes

This share price has dropped ~3% this today. This is bigger than the ftse all, 100 and 250. So I’m assuming this relates to the big movement of one or a few holdings within the etf.

Is there anywhere that you can see the performance of all the holdings of the ETF in one place. Without having to search for each holding individually?

1 Like

Quite a few tools with google finance to set this up yourself. You can set up a graph in the browser on google finance for up to 5 stocks for a quick view. Or create a watch list for the stocks, to get an idea of direction. Or if you wanted you could create a portfolio with similar weighting to the fund, it wouldn’t graph each stock but would rank them by winners and losers each day. Or you could create a googlesheets spreadsheet that pulled the information in from google, once you have that information it should replicate the whole fund quite closely.

Here is the top 5 stocks of INRG graphed in browser, very quick to do, just start with the biggest stock, it will likely auto suggest next one in the fund:

6 Likes