iShares MSCI Emerging Markets ex China ETF

I’d like to be able to invest in the iShares MSCI Emerging Markets ex China ETF fund. I’m keen to get index-linked emerging markets exposure but for a multitude of reasons I don’t want to invest in China and certainly not have the high level of exposure to China that comes with most emerging markets Index trackers. My second largest holding is currently the standard iShares Emerging Markets ETF but again, very keen to reduce China exposure. I’d be happy with an alternative EM ex China ETF is the fees are competitive.

Sorry but this ETF doesn’t trade in the UK. There is an alternative provided by Lyxor (EMXC) however it’s not traded in GBP and so Freetrade won’t be able to provide it.

1 Like

This Index is actually extremely skewed - you could buy the 2 largest constituents which make up 23.5% of the index: MSCI India and TSMC individually. This basically what I have done (coupled with holding Emerging Markets in general) to weight myself further away from China.

2 Likes

Fair point. TSCM sneaks in everywhere. I assume MSCI India would in reality be an index of the Indian stock market so much more diversified than it seems at face value?

Good spot. That’s disappointing. I wonder if iShares can be persuaded to make a UK version of this ETF… probably need more institutional investors; alas.

Yes MSCI India is an index so is diversified, for regulatory reasons it’s hard for foreign entities to trade Indian shares (normally you have to use swaps instead) because of that it’s quite an expensive fund.

1 Like

Hi, could I bump this request please.

There is an iShares GBP one Ticker: EXCH.

Have you got a link to it? Can’t seem to find it?

:slight_smile:

Edit to add: sorry I’m wrong, it’s in USD, DOH!

Non UCITS