iShares MSCI World SRI - SGSW/SUSW

The first ESG tracker etf I’ve seen that does all of these things:

• reasonably global
  • high ESG score
  • available to the UK
  • low cost at 0.2%

There are distributing versions in a variety of currencies incl GBP, and an Euro-denominated accumulation version. https://www.ishares.com/uk/individual/en/products/291392/ishares-msci-world-sri-ucits-etf-fund

How about it @Viktor?

I’m not going to say no to an ESG ETF, Rod!

We’ve done an initial assessment, and we’ve scheduled it to be added ASAP.

1 Like

Actually, it’s priced in EUR, do you see a GBP version?

Thanks Viktor! I wrote SUSW out of habit - usually pick the accumulating ones.

The GBP hedged version is SGWS IE00BMZ17T93 and it costs a bit more 0.23%.

1 Like

SGWS?

Any idea when we’ll see this @Viktor? :slight_smile:

@jtm if we get SUSW it might be the GBP-denominated version of it, SGWS, which distributes income and costs 0.23% rather than 0.2%.

But I know that @viktor has a special place in his heart for ESG etfs, so hopefully it will happen :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah it’s a shame there’s no accumulating version of the GBP, given I can’t buy fractions of it on freetrade, but fingers crossed! That plus a way to automate contributions and I’d move my passive ISA over in a heartbeat :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just tack the distributions on to your monthly contributions i suppose. Maybe not the most efficient but your not going to lose out at any significant level.

2 Likes

true, shows my laziness!

1 Like

While we’re here btw, how about the new Blackrock iShares multi-asset ESG range? E.g. ESG Multi-Asset Growth Portfolio UCITS ETF Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs) | iShares UK – BlackRock - for true set and forget, Vanguard lifestrategy style, for freetrade’s passive investors? It’s listed as an active fund in so far as the ESG tilting of the allocations, but would be a good option

1 Like

Perhaps also put in a topic for it?

Good point! BlackRock ESG Multi-Asset Moderate Portfolio UCITS ETF (Acc) - MAMG - Share chat

…and we’ve scheduled it to be added ASAP.

Six months later and still no sign of this ETF (in either GBP Hedged or USD form). It was also requested via the Google form back in Jan/Feb but that seems to be a black hole for requests.

1 Like

Hello esg trackerfans: revisiting this post to add a link: a USD unhedged dividend-distributing version of this etf - SUWG - is on Freetrade iShares MSCI World SRI UCITS ETF (Dist) - SUWG (edit: the difference between SUWG and SUWS is same fund in GBP vs USD)