Issue with top ups

mhmmmm, transfering from Santander. Made three transfers today1 which took about an hour or less another which took about 2 hrs and the the most recent which is still due to hit my account :upside_down_face: I feel like I just have 0 patience.

Mine is a bank transfer from my Starling account. On average my top ups take 1.5 to 3.5 hours to reach my FT account.

Weird how there are fluctuations.

I was asking because of Monzo history and the trouble they used to have with HSBC/First Directs fraud checking.

Wonder if it was history repeating itself with a new service.

Santander. Took 5 hours to reach. By that time the market was closed.

I’ve recently done two weekend bank transfers and both arrived in my account by around 7am Monday morning.

1 Like

You might thank them for it come Monday if prices get even cheaper.

Might also be worth having a word via chat and seeing if there’s anything that can be done to speed up the process.

My transfer arrived within half hour the other day so definitely worth seeing what the in app chat team say about it.

There’s no rush to buy unless you’re trading derivatives. Stocks are going to be falling for a while. Think September 2008 until spring 2009 (worst case). It should last a few months based on similar historical data.

Just topped up my account landed in my account in under 5 minutes normally would take around 45 minutes on average.Hopefully this is the new normal from now on.

2 Likes

Hi Meghan
I transferred money to my freetrade account on Thursday and it’s still not showing in my app, I’ve used the correct reference number. Can you help me please?

Many thanks

Adrian

Hi Adrian :wave:

Could you pop me a DM with your Freetrade email please so I can get this looked into for you? :pray:

Hi Meghan, I have also transferred money into my free trade account on Friday afternoon, to which it is still not showing up in my account. Could you please look into it and check whether it’s on your system?

Best regards,
Ashok

I’ll drop you a DM now Ashok :+1:

1 Like

I have had the same issue as ashok, can I also receive some assistance Meghan

1 Like

Hello Meghan,

Can you also drop me a DM. I have tried contacting you within the APP but have had no success so far. I am waiting for 3k to enter my account from Friday

Regards,
Luke

1 Like

I understand you are all very busy but I have tried to reach out to your colleagues and have been ignored all day.

same

Also having problems - money sent yesterday hasn’t arrived in my GIA, nor has the transfer of funds into my ISA. Both sent from within the app (with reference) and debited from my bank account. Would be great if someone could look ( support chat unanswered, though appreciate things are busy.)

Dear Meghan,

I can understand there is a delay in-app live chat. Any chance of sorting my deposit issues?
I made a top up on 1/02/2020 and still no money in account no reply from the chat team (sent the message on the same day).

I think the issue is that my FT account name and name in the linked bank account is not same.

Waiting for reply

Harikumar

Hi both :wave:

Could you pop me a DM with your Freetrade email please so I can get this looked into for both of you?