ITM Power - ITM - Share Chat

You lucky man! Unfortunately mortgage savings was the priority back then for me, and I didn’t realise it was such an opportunity. 4 years ago they had been lobbying gov to switch to hydrogen power generation as a whole, but at the time there were already plans to build more coal. Hopefully not now. They say instead of producing large batteries for EVs, which creates carbon emissions, and potentially using coal to produce the charge, that we switch to hydrogen power generation for all electrical appliances. With coal, you get wastage from overburn when demand is low, it could be stored in batteries but not great. Excess hydrogen can be stored as hydrogen and no overburn occurs as can be switched off in less than 0.1 seconds. It can also turn up and down 5 megawatts instantly to meet demand.
Refuelling of cars takes a few minutes. EVs currently have V2G tech but this takes it to the next step. I have a huge presentation from ITM somewhere happy to share

3 Likes

Thanks! It was definitely a case of good luck at the time but was only investment so didnt net me millions. I added periodically and average 187p at the moment so have definitely done well from this company. The presentation sounds interesting. One of the few benefits of the past year has been that companies do way more online presentations now and I have been able to listen in on quite a few that I never would have been able to previously. Hearing the CEO talk at the annual meeting in September was like looking at a man who knows he is sitting with a royal flush in his hand. Im hoping for news of a second factory in the next 6 months and a 100MW order this year.

2 Likes

Ughh… sold out at 300 and have been waiting a long time for a dip to buy back in. After seeing that chart I think I’ll just buy in regardless.

2 Likes

This chart is pretty misleading by itself. After all…

Hydrogen has the highest energy per mass of any fuel; however, its low ambient temperature density results in a low energy per unit volume, therefore requiring the development of advanced storage methods that have potential for higher energy density. Source

I think hydrogen is going to play an important part in ironing out the intermittancy of renewables (make hydrogen when the wind is strong, burn it when the’s no wind) but I don’t see it ever going mainstream for consumer EVs in the way that chart suggests it might

2 Likes

I don’t think there is enough raw materials to make enough batteries to store energy and power everything without doing serious harm to the planet through mining. Hydrogen cars have small batteries, and storing power as gas seems to eradicate that, although potentially expensive to make containers.

1 Like

Zinc batteries might be a solution

1 Like

Yeah I’m sure I saw something recently about some silicone batteries. Deleting this chart as don’t want it to be misleading.

1 Like

For me the most important use of hydrogen is in making chemicals such as fertiliser, which is currently very polluting. The use of hydrogen in cars, heating etc. would be a bonus

2 Likes

Yh would totally love to see that

1 Like

Question from the newbie (aka me): Is that normal for shares to go down so much as today?

1 Like

ITM had an incredible rally lately. This stock is always been a roller coaster :roller_coaster: and quite volatile. If you believe in the stock and done your research sit back and relax.

Back a year ago was going from £1.6 to less than a pound in a day.

1 Like

Their earnings are out on Thursday and maybe they’ve struggled a bit with covid. Like above this is a long hold, they’re not making any profit yet but if hydrogen becomes a major source of electricity they might be well placed. Its still up 35% this month. I would buy the dip if I could (not advice).

1 Like

Oh, okay, got it… as investing for the first time ever don’t know how to react. I’ve entered with share price higher that it’s now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Adam for your reply! I hope they’ll go up back later :innocent:

When trading shares one piece of advice i have is:

If you believe in the company for the longterm then buy the dips. Consider it a 10% discount. Its called PCA or DCA. Pound/dollar cost averageing. And try not to worry

3 Likes

:pray: thanks for advice and moral support.
I really appreciate that!

1 Like

Check the historical graphs for stocks. I wouldn’t use the freetrade graph as it is not accurate at all, but a place like marketwatch gives you a good idea as to realistic price movements.

3 Likes

Got it, thank you for advice :innocent: :blush:

You think alot of stocks are feeling ripples from WSB antics?

1 Like

-20%. Any ideas why?