ITM Power - ITM - Share Chat

Thanks NeilB that explains a lot. I am really new to this and just enjoy seeing things change up/down better for worse ! It’s only really for fun (everyone roll your eyes at me being a newbie just for fun). I only invest what I can afford to loose and intend to hold stock for a long time so in reality this is not a huge problem or a big loss. I like learning about the market and the link you shared was perfect for explaining what I now see is a daft “beginners” question.

Hope everyone does well with this stock, I just back stocks I believe in and hydrogen is one of those !

1 Like

Nope, you’ll not get eye rolling around here. Everyone has to start somewhere. If you want to see get more involved in wealth building you should think about investing a little every month and consider some big companies or ETF’s. If you want fun it’s getting to look back a few years and realising you brought Tesla for $50, that is smug face feeling fun!

Stick around and ask as many questions as you like, we’re a broadly friendly bunch.

8 Likes

Thanks. I will ask. Not sure I want a Tesla though. Even if it’s £50 ! Lol

I like the idea of make some money over time but this is not my priority.

2 Likes

Sub £4 alert!! Get you buying activity ready. I reckon there is a further small drop then it’s time to go in

2 Likes

Wish I’d waited. I’m 14% down on my original investment now so having to wait for it to recover :roll_eyes:

1 Like

@Jamiegrand84 Seeing as you are new, perhaps you can take consolation from the view point that timing the market is very difficult if nigh on impossible. Most fund managers can’t do it. If you really really believe in a stock then perhaps you should consider pound averaging. This means buy a few as a regular investment over a period of time e.g. once a week or month or what ever regular schedule makes sense to you. Remember on Freetrade you are not paying extra for each purchase and you are averaging out price movements.

Good Luck.

4 Likes

Hi Jamie, welcome to the forums!

I’m CashCow, a long term member and I’m very very highly respected by many people here for my investment choices and timings. The ITM holdings in my LISA are 42.04% down so your 14% isn’t so bad at all!

If I didn’t think that the company would has a good future ahead of it then I would have cut my losses and bailed but I think they’ll do quite well in the long term so I plan to hold this for quite some time.

11 Likes

Diamond hooves has spoken! :rofl:

Good entry price though, don’t worry too much about it.

7 Likes

Thanks CashCow, that’s reassuring to read. This definitely looks like one for the future given it’s a big player in energy. I’m holding long term but perhaps need to be more selective about when to buy.

Best of luck with it :+1:

4 Likes

I was tempted to jump in until I saw diamond hooves activity. It’s bound to drop some more now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: although I don’t know. Everytime I think I’ve spotted a cycle with stocks it breaks and I end up loosing money.

6 Likes

Appreciate this, and I think that’s the way I’m going to approach this particular stock. I’ve got one other company (matterport) that I’m investing in, and everything else is in ETFs. Hopefully I’ll be alright in the long run

1 Like

This is a long game. Like its been said already - DCA dollar cost averaging is key. Nothing has changed with the fundamentals. Its just v volatile. Buy the dips and hold on to your socks. This is not for the faint of heart. ITM is poised to be a powerhouse and remember it has a huge pipeline backlog.

Once this goes there will be no looking back. 2030 you will be thanking 2021 you for holing on.

dyor and play safe.

Have fun :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes, with ITM you need to be willing to wait until the second half of 2023. Thats the point where the really big revenues will kick in.

6 Likes

Omg what has happened to the drop so far I thought they were doing so well , I follow the company on Twitter

1 Like

The company still has great prospects but the valuation has got unjustifiably high, as with most growth stocks in 2020/21

I think it still has further to drop before any meaningful uptrend again

Hopefully in the next 1-2 years can start an upward trend :crossed_fingers:

Everything is being hit hard ATM people are getting fearful. As the great Warren buffet says be greedy when people are fearful and be fearful when people are greedy.

2 Likes

In large measure the market hasn’t fallen because of fear. It may do so but that step is yet to come.

3 Likes

What is going on? :astonished: