J30 / Stock Transfer Form

Hi all

I am considering buying some close family memebers a few shares as an Xmas present this year.

The US has a few sites which offer such a service but couldn’t find anything UK based. The value would be small - couple hundred pounds - so under the CG limits and stanp duty threshold.

If I purchased shares using my account, it seems I can then transfer the ownership using HMRC “stock transfer form” (aka J30).

Has anybody done this with Freetrade? If yes, could you share more details?


It won’t work. Freetrade hold shares on our behalf - to which we are the beneficial owners. So FT would have to fill in a J30 - not you.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.