[Feature Request 🔧] JISA - Junior ISA 👶🏻 💷

Another vote here for a JISA offering, I have two that I would happily move to FT (either within my current ISA or as a separate account).

2 Likes

I think what’s putting FT off is the lack of a large cuddly (pink) mascot who could get the kids into investing. I can only think of think Freetie bird, anything JISA related sounds a bit wrong. Suggestions?

A pink bear with long curly hair they could call it @Freetrade_Team :wink:

1 Like

We need those JISAs!

6 Likes

+1 for JISA and Junior SIPP !!

2 Likes

If FT bundled the JISA & JSIPP it could change the game. FT would legitimately get to change behaviour of investors by offering something that is fairly niche and build a relationship that would last generations.

Imagine subscription revenues you could all but guarantee for 50-60 years while your competition are still transactional.

9 Likes

Is there a mechanism where we can get FT to comment re timescale and whether this is actually in the plan rather than just posting here amongst ourselves? Really desperate for junior Isa for 7 grandchildren. More than happy to pay a subscription for them so not sure why they aren’t of interest to FT

3 Likes

We got an update at the previous AMA where they said that they can’t commit to a timescale because they haven’t even begun working on it. They have acknowledged the demand and will try and add more tax efficient accounts in the future. All their focus is on expansion into Europe so my guess is that Junior ISAs and LISAs won’t be around till after late 2022

4 Likes

I’m sure there are many other investors like me, with their ISAs and Junior ISAs linked together (like Interactive Investor). I cannot move my ISA because I’d leave my Junior ISA behind with all the fees, so I’m stuck with II until FT offer a Junior ISA. Hurry up please with the Junior ISA and watch the flood gates open, as ISAs, Junior ISAs and SIPPs will all transfer over when Junior ISAs are provided on FT.

5 Likes

You’ve had this explained a few times across many accounts now Juno, you’ve just got to absorb the information. FT are now a large and well developed company, a Unicorn with 200+ staff, they’re not some plucky little upstart anymore. They’re not going to come on here at list everything they’re struggling with anymore than Tesco write take a full page advert to explain their supply chain issues.

3 Likes

Resource
Sam literally said it yesterday
They want to add more account types but they have more immediate priorities

1 Like

That’s interesting, I didn’t realise ii bundled their ISA and JISA in a package.

2 Likes

Would love a JISA for my kids but hard to disagree with that. They still have work to do on some of the basics like speeding up settlements, cash withdrawls and paying dividends on time. Not to mention the European roll-out and providing access to more exchanges.

3 Likes

As someone who has been brought up with limited financial education in school or within my family, I’d love this feature to teach my kids the value of investing early and compound interest/gains.

8 Likes

Bump up +

3 Likes

Bump

1 Like

Bump*

What do we think the chances are that a JISA will be available before the end of this tax year?

Probably not, You can look into Fidelity as the JISA Free if you only invest in Funds (aka Vanguard Equities Fund)

2 Likes

Well be lucky if there any new feature update by the tax year

1 Like