Kanabo Group - KNB - Share Chat

I’ve got 1000 shares in this. I hope for all of you that have put big money into this that it turns around.

2 Likes

Id be grateful for some perspective but this spiral does not seem to be related to performance or potential? Is it not suffering in the wake of interest rates and a bear attitude?

I certainly feel for all in here who are in for £0000’s at the moment. It may be naivete on my part but given their recent investments in GP platforms and focus on the health sector surely it would take a miracle for them not to be a success story over the next five years?

2 Likes

Prayers for you all. I only went in with £500 but…

1 Like

Still £500 isn’t anything small still wouldn’t like to put it down a drain :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Yes. All i can do now is hope and pray it goes back up.

2 Likes

That’s what we are all doing and hoping for :roll_eyes::rofl:

2 Likes

Well, this is certainly a test of faith if ever there was one! I hope everyone here who has a stake is doing ok.

1 Like

I see it as a long term saving account but with them saying sorry your money has sorted of gone for now but we will try get it back :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Im not really savvy with stuff like this, but im going to presume that if permissions/regulations etc are given in the future to ease the sale of these products. This company will simply be bought out along with the supply chain?

1 Like

How low can it go :chart_with_downwards_trend:

Likewise and what makes it more tricky to rationalise is the current policy narrative. There seems to be on the whole a positive approach taken to medical cannabis in the media (Sadiq Khan talking about legalisation even).

I suppose it would be hard to ignore the impact of yesterday’s news about the retraction of the economy and of course the war in Ukraine. I would be interested to hear from someone who has experience of investing in this kind of area (healthcare innovation/legalisation, what would we even call it!).

2 Likes

As long as you only risk what you can afford. I got a lot shares like this one that seemed good idea and since bombed. But I’m new so I’ve only got 100 quid over whole portfolio in but down about £40 but its intresting to take part and i could blown that on horses which I’m just as bad at.

3 Likes

Are we getting legalisation? Also what do you think the impact would be in the market?

This is all hypothetical obviously there’s just ideas and opinions there isn’t a wrong or right answer here

2 Likes

I think the short answer is yes. The drive towards medical cannabis has quite literally changed perspective; research has essentially helped us challenge thinking that saw cannabis as one thing (a drug that gets you high). A couple of days ago CRUK wrote a good article on health benefits Cannabis, cannabinoids and cancer – the evidence so far - Cancer Research UK - Cancer news.

Imperial uni established a research group in 2018. Even negative public opinion (Daily Mail) whilst still active doesnt get the reposts that it once did. With press showing how cannabis can be repurposed treat pain in children, it is no longer possible to call it a ‘gateway drug’ (bit of a catch all statement, but Im trying to be brief).

It is also worth pointing out that whilst a lot of the hierarchy in the US dont necessarily want it, legalisation is happening anyway.

And a short version of a long answer is basically that legalisation of cannabis will likely not be unilateral; it will happen, but incrementally. That said, Im all ears for anyone who has a more in depth perspective.

7 Likes

https://www.voxmarkets.co.uk/articles/kanabo-seeks-alternative-growth-strategy-in-materia-partnership-37d0127/

2 Likes

Im not sure if this is a good or a bad thing, but it seems sensible which demonstrates a good sense of leadership.

One sign Im taking as promising is that Kanabo have put out three tweets in under 24 hours! It may feel a small thing but intriguing (and hopeful) that they are starting to focus on being proactive around marketing.

3 Likes

Final results are out -

1 Like

This all looks very positive. It seems like the CE Mark will be quite a big deal when that happens. I have always wondered why advertising looks a little soft maybe they are phasing their spend waiting on that happening.

My worry about cannabis companies in general is that you feel like they are waiting on legislation. Whilst this is a factor it also seems like it is not such a big deal for Kanabo. I remain positive about my investment (even after the recent dip). Would be good to hear other views on the report.

1 Like

Still holding the line

2 Likes

I was expecting a reaction as they tweeted their results, but seems to be no change

1 Like