Kanabo Group - KNB - Share Chat

1 Like
2 Likes

Business of cannabis and cannabis health news running the same story line.

Cannabis legalisation has already cost pharmaceutical companies billions of dollars

2 Likes

Will all the empty pubs convert to coffee shops :grin:

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Interesting read. Main takeaway for me is that the NHS doctors require more studies on the positive impact of cannabis use for treating the vast range of conditions we hope (and some know) it can help.

Companies such as Kanabo would not have the budget for such studies and therefore can’t compete with the established pharmaceutical corporations who easily fund studies to support the efficacy of their drugs.

Are we waiting for Kanabo to be bought by a large corporation or could funding for studies grow organically following greater public use or due to the attainment of a CE mark? Is there any way around the expense of funding studies / would the NHS do there own I guess is what I’m wondering?

I think for now the best hope for KNB is the German and European market, once CE approval is gained. Otherwise it’s likely a slow burn with more dilution until they have sufficient revenue to be self sustaining.
Hopefully a new government brings about a increased efficiency in all departments so we have a properly functioning administration.

1 Like
1 Like

Im interested in making a case for the UK. Im not so sure efficacy research is the real nub of the prpblem. Everywhere you turn there is a £m University grant with recommendations published (Kings, Oxford, Edinburgh, St George’s) reccommending evidence of medical benefit. Also some universities spending money looking at adverse effects of course (Cambridge).

But, I think that as cannabis has been legal through medical script for sixish years can be boiled down to prescribing GPs (from Gaurdian):

“a total of 89,239 prescriptions for unlicensed cannabis medicines were issued between November 2018 and July 2022 in England, but fewer than five of these were issued by the NHS.”

The problem here is that with prescriptions being almlst entirely private as a treatment it remains financially prohibitive:

“NHS has denied medical cannabis prescriptions to 99% of adult patients with treatable conditions.” (From releaf website)

However, Starmer did say before the election that gov. spending would be a straight choice between education and the NHS and labour choose the NHS. Starmer also said that (recreational) drug policy would remain unchanged.

Spending more money on the NHS I take as a positive signal for medical cannabis. At present it is horrendously expensive and there are a lack of GPs signed up to prescribe. From Cannabis Business Times:

UK Market & Patient Explosion
Growth in the total number of medical cannabis patients in the UK is also forecast to soar over the next four years. By 2028, the number of medical cannabis patients in the UK is expected to increase by 124% to approximately 141,000 patients (up from approx. 63,000 by the end of 2024).

Clearly the CE mark is the thing we are all waiting for but whilst it remains painfully close/far away it is helpful (at least for this investor) to acknowledge the value in the UK market.

2 Likes

Longer term growth for sure with the online GP service, and treat it.
Then there’s that NHS contract which has been put on hold but could possibly come back for tenders.
Lot’s of potential here as we know, it’s just the time frame and whether they need to raise more funds at some point.

1 Like
1 Like

Just looked on LSE an someone had posted on their what looks like copy of an email received from CEO at kanabo in relation to CE mark. Wasn’t sure would be allowed to copy in here. Nothing we do not already know but assurance they are still working hard to get all ducks in a row so to speak in order to progress

3 Likes

Taken from LSE

Just in, Thank you for your email and your continued support and investment in Kanabo Group. We understand your concerns regarding the CE certification and appreciate your patience.

The process for obtaining CE certification is indeed rigorous and can be time-consuming, especially given the stringent regulatory standards we must meet to ensure our products’ safety and efficacy. Over the past two years, we have been working diligently to comply with all necessary requirements and address any feedback from the regulatory authorities.

While we cannot provide specific timelines due to the regulatory review process’s nature, please be assured that obtaining the CE certification remains a top priority for Kanabo Group. Our team constantly communicates with the relevant bodies and makes every effort to expedite this process.

For the most up-to-date information, I encourage you to visit our Investors page here, where we regularly post updates on our progress and any significant milestones. Rest assured, we are committed to keeping our shareholders informed and will announce any major developments as soon as they occur.

Thank you for your patience and continued confidence in Kanabo Group.

Best regards,

Avihu Tamir

CEO

1 Like

Another one bites the dust

3 Likes

Aside from the likelihood that this is usual impish LSE user behaviour there is an outside chance that this is KNB saving money and time on holding an investor roundtable

1 Like

If you check the history of the poster it looks like it could be legitimate, not that I would buy on the basis of the content as it doesn’t really say much other than to repeat that obtaining CE is top priority, so for those in doubt it might be comforting.
I have never had any doubts, fools rush in perhaps :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like