Kodal Minerals - KOD - Share Chat

Kidal Minerals has just announced a collaboration agreement with Chinese engineering firm Sinohydro to work on the company’s Bougouni lithium project in southern Mali.

1.I think that the Freetrade community would want to have a chance to invest in this promising project given that the value shot up after the announcement.

2.Given that Freetrade is the only platform actually trying to create and care for its community of investors, it would be great to have a way to help people like me who wants to be activists investors, a way for us to band together and influence companies through the might of our collective share ownership.

Mali is the country where I was born. So I know the resources will acquired and developed whether I invest or not. However, if FreetTrade could connect me to like minded investors and provide with the tools to take and enforce collective decisions (e.g. request a level of Corporate Responsibility, guarantee a level of respect for the local environment and population etc.)

I do think it would make the platform stand out from the competition and attract many more investors to the platform. Although money matters, many people need more than that. A good example is the national lottery. Many people are happy to play and lose because they know that part of their money will have a positive impact on society. I don’t like gambling so I’m not making that kind of comparison with investing. It is a great demonstration of the point I’m trying to make though.

KOD-AGM-Presentation-August-2020_update (1).pdf (2.0 MB)

3 Likes

I agree with some of the sentiments but point 2 would seem difficult to implement/unworkable. I have not checked but I would confidently guess the vast majority of public companies have less than 50% retail ownership, even the smaller ones.

1 Like

They seem to be listed as Kodal on the AIM. Lots of interest in AIM miners on here normally.

1 Like

Yes of course, but the purpose is not to control the company, which would require over 50% ownership, but influence it. I can’t think of any activist investors being individuals or organisations such as edge fund doing so through majority stakeholders.

1 Like

Hi all.

Newbie here, but Kodal Minerals is one I’ve went for with recent developments they’ve announced. Anyone got any insight or advice?

No advice, but I also have a position on it. Great future potential, imo.

1 Like

Anyone know what news caused the jump today?

Many stocks of lithium mines jumped today, but I didn’t detect any special reason.

1 Like

Additional shares should have been floated and a split of overall control percentage was supposed to have happened today, 21/05/21, which could have been the reason for the small dip in value. However, on reading their recent corporate presentation on their site, it seems to be a fund raiser for development, rather than for a debt repayment, which is good news, meaning further development and in turn greater income. This is on top of the government and DNGM licence signing that should be happening in the next few days, which could mean a serious increase in the value of this stock over the next few weeks for those preparing to hold for a while.

A small excerpt from their statement is below…

“Application has been made for the 80,355,664 New Ordinary Shares to be admitted to trading on AIM (“Admission”) and it is expected that Admission will occur on or around 21 May 2021.”

“Upon Admission, the issued share capital of the Company will consist of ordinary Shares of 0.01325p each. The Company holds no shares in treasury. The total number of voting rights in the Company from Admission will therefore be 15,812,719,175. This figure may be used by shareholders as the denominator for the calculations by which they determine if they are required to notify their interest in or a change to their interest in the Company under the Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules of the UK Financial Conduct Authority.”

Added.

Damn, my 0.0025 triggered on the way down, got it at 24. Was thinking first thing when I saw the drop that I should remove it to see what happens :man_facepalming:

The situation in Mali is not good at the moment

2 Likes

Seeing a lot of “buy the dip” comments on other sites… I’d be nervous doing that given those licenses are now in jeopardy.
What are Kodal without those licenses?

There may be a delay since the country is in conflict and I don’t know but perhaps the prime minister or president would be responsible for signing that license. I’ll stay out until get more information.

Kodal has the gold deposits too, but the biggest hype was the license for lithium exploration for sure.

Yes, the final sign off for the license will be from PM. Luckily we hadn’t reached that stage yet, so he should be free before we need his scribble

1 Like

Fingers crossed!

Not good at all and reading the article you kindly shared calls out that a military official said this was not an arrest. “What they have done is not good,” the source said, referring to the cabinet reshuffle. “We are letting them know, decisions will be made.”… so maybe holding onto the president to get him to reinstate the folk he removed during his shuffle… Fingers crossed this ends peacefully as a primary objective and that he signs the papers as a secondary objective…

2 Likes

The 18th century British nobleman Baron Rothschild, once said; “The perfect time to buy is when there is blood in the streets”… (meaning, buy when there are political instabilities)

Wonder how rich he got and what his family descendants are doing right now. :shushing_face:

1 Like

All we need is a sign off, if VP can do that for us, business will continue as normal.

I can’t imagine the situation will effect mining

2 Likes

I’m assuming they like to have mining there, they must get benefit?

1 Like