Legal & General (LGEN) 💰 💸 - Share Chat

Well never say never,
As long as div stay decent and same ish I’ll be happy to hold tbh
The last dividend payment was beautiful as was over £50 even if half That will be amazing and I won’t be technically in the red :+1:t2::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

2022 Half year results: Fandabby: increase of 8% in operating profits. Even cash generation is up 22% :upside_down_face:

The H1 dividend, declared today, is 5.44p and is 5% up on last years (5.18p). Ex-div is 18 August.

14 Likes

Live feed from the L&G boardroom this morning

8 Likes

Annoying, sold mine the other week to concentrate elsewhere. :man_facepalming:t2:

Yes, it happens sometimes doesn’t it. I sold my National Grid shares just before the price shot up earlier this year! :grimacing:

3 Likes

Good stuff, I’m sure there are plenty on here who are long term buy and hold LGEN. It’s certainly almost a set it and forget for me. They go ex dividend in 9 days according to Dividendmax but I put a little in every month and I try to not focus on this date.

7 Likes

I like this bit of the report:

6 Likes

What is the circle :thinking: doesn’t it mean 2022? Is lower and worse :thinking:

Think I just got it buy I’ll still wait on reply :rofl:

They want to more than double the dividend by 2024

5 Likes

What @NeilB says :laughing:

3 Likes

I want a Ferrari :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Unfortunately it looks like there is a misunderstanding here. The dividends are not doubling. What that is saying is that they are on target for their cumulative 5 year target: have paid out £2.5 billion since 2020 and they will pay out from now to 2024 £3.1-3.4 billion. You can deduce from that they have progressive dividend policy but they don’t specify exactly what the increase is per year (rough calculation suggests about 5% p.a).

7 Likes

It’s cumulative dividends so that was their goal for a total payout over the 5 years. They are aiming for around 5% dividend growth

7 Likes

Yep @bitflip & @Rob208 are right, I’ll take the L here. Shame I was already planning on … reinvesting the dividends!

6 Likes

I prefer mine & Neil’s interpretation :moneybag:

But its good that they are aiming to raise the future dividend. Nice core dividend stock :+1:

6 Likes

Believe me when I say I prefer your interpretation too.

6 Likes

Hi folks, I too have this stock but at a guess, not as many as you guys lol (105) so is it worth increasing this pot to keep long term or just sit on this amount? daft question I know but someones gotta ask it :slight_smile:

Only you can decide whether it is worth increasing your holding or not. It is not a good idea to request or take advice from strangers on the internet about which investments to buy or sell. Your personal circumstances and investment philosophy should help you decide what and how much to buy, hold and when, if ever, to sell.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. yeah I wouldn’t base my reasoning on strangers comments, was just a general question. Always a learning curve this trading lark :slight_smile: