Lloyds Banking Group - LLOY - Share Chat

:joy: fire away so. One good thing Ireland has so. Mine is 21%.

Of course this has meant the stock is now up…

6 Likes

I’m surprised its not up by more. Expectations were so low and the results were not as bad as feared. Guess underlying fear is still prevalent here.

I get confused with the Freetrade in app share price as it rounds to the nearest pence and it’s also unclear when executing and trade what price you will actually get. Is there a way we can get the actual share price on the sell/buy screen?

Lots of people have asked for this over time. I think there’s an ideas thread on it too if you want to add your vote on it. But haven’t got the link to hand at the moment sorry.

Edit. Try this

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve voted on the thread. Understand the principle to simplify for first time investors but when we get addtional info on the page the issue might become more apparent

Question for all Lloyd’s investors (I am one): why is LLOY consistently, week in, week out in the list of most popular buys tweeted out by the Freetrade social media team?

What is the rationale? Why are people buying?

My investment in Lloyds is down over 50%, and while I’m happy to hold, I’ve not considered buying more shares.

With dividends pulled, what other reasons are there for the continued popularity?

What am I missing?

I honestly think it’s because it is so cheap. My understanding is the charts are done by number, not value, of transactions and so lots of people say they put spare pennies into Lloyds for the dividends.

2 Likes

You’re absolutely right. It’s spare change investing, nothing else. The number of unique buys is counted in that stat, not the value of the purchase.

1 Like

I completely agree with the way Freetrade calculates the popular stocks. You don’t want a single person with a £1 million portfolio swaying things, you really want it to reflect the movements of the masses.

1 Like

Maybe people are buying cheap in anticipation of dividends restarting in 2021. I am strengthening my position whilst they are at a discount :+1:t2:

Lloyds Bank’s first quarter profits crashed by 95% and revenue slipped, as the lender braced for the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on its business.

Also interesting

Modelling by the bank’s economists assumes the UK economy will shrink by 5% this year, unemployment spikes to 5.9%, and house prices crash by 5%. The bank expects a mild bounce back in 2021.

sauce

1 Like
1 Like

I’m with you on this. I’m down nearly 50% too. I’ll hold and try and retrieve some of the loss, then I’ll offload them.

I offloaded a month ago at a loss of about 30%, glad I did then. Could be an opportunity to buy back in though

1 Like

Sold my (small) holding a few weeks ago. I think that this stock is not good for the near future, even more with Brexit coming and Lloyds being a UK only bank. Not sure which banking stocks are good. I have thought about Japanese banks, they still have dividends but they are a bit more expensive than Lloyds.

Thought about selling all my Lloyds stock so many times but held firm and bought the dip now back in green. With nearly 6000 shares should be a nice little dividend when they restart paying out

4 Likes

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/lloyds-share-price-falling-brexit-162113548.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlYXBpcy5jb20vYXV0aC9jaHJvbWUtY29udGVudC1zdWdnZXN0aW9ucw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAJ4uprDL92XNOR5cOFAe6Uq1bl7YaOrsAPYZZGcp_ww5Ui_mV7wPN0oqWdjFl0Clvs53opjkUVmTShR-fD6WCcl_ovYe5m1lxFVau_LxSt8Rb61xnbkxfQuEp4PUwr-b3s7bWKHyWs_zKDX56TQdkf_tTtqrrA3MhKmf9ZHKty0j