Make the app available in all the App Stores (not just the UK ones)

Hey guys,
Please can you make the app available in all the App Stores (not just the UK)… I have a UK address etc but my Apple ID is stuck to my UAE account.

I assume this is the case for many people from the UK that currently work abroad (over 5m Britons live abroad, almost 10% of the country’s population).

Note: Other UK financial apps (e.g. Revolut, Monzo) are available in the non-UK stores but need UK credentials to complete the sign up process and start using it.

Thanks!
Niki

2 Likes

Hi,

Same here, I cannot download the app (and even find it in the search section) in the French App Store.
It would be great to be able to download it to see the interface, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Thibault

3 Likes

Unfortunately we’d need to redesign our onboarding process for the app before we could add the app to other country’s stores.

Once we’ve launched, we’ll be able to get a better sense of how many people are affected by this situation and then prioritise any changes that we might need to make.

5 Likes

@nikimukhi @Thib67

We’re going to try this out - the app’s now available in every country’s App Store :tada:

I’ll close this topic to return your votes to you so that you can use them to vote for other ideas but please feel free to start another topic about this, if there’s anything else you want to talk about.

6 Likes

Unfortunately we’ve had to make the app available in the UK App Store only for now. Having it in every store was causing too much confusion for people outside the UK who wanted to sign up & it was impacting our data too.

We still want to make downloads from other App Stores possible & I’ll let you know as soon as we’ve made more progress.

4 Likes

Hey Alex,

Thanks for trying it out so early on and the update.

I hope it’s all going well!

Thanks,
Niki

1 Like

Hi,

I was stocked that I was first in the queu. But there started the trouble! The app is nowhere to find on my appstore? I have tried everything!

Help a brother out.

Hey!

I’m afraid we tried making the app available in every country’s App Store but that didn’t work out too well.

We still want to do this but it’ll be a while before we do. We’ll let you know as soon as we’ve made more progress here.

I’ve moved your post here to keep all of the updates in one place.

1 Like

For what it’s worth you can still download apps to your phone from other stores. You just have to create a temporary UK account, log in on your phone, download freetrade. Then login to freetrade and then sync and it should be fine. Loads of people did this for Pokemon Go which launched in other territories before UK.

1 Like

Won’t you need a UK bank card for that?

Not if it’s a free app, you just need an Apple ID to log in with. At least that was the case a year ago or whenever it was.

1 Like

Give us an update if something changes!
Thanks (waiting from Italy :wink:)

3 Likes

I think this should be reconsidered due to the region changes introduced in iOS 13. It’s no longer possible to simply change the App Store country with a second account to download an app. To change the country on a device now is a considerable hassle and requires spending all credit and cancelling all subscriptions on your main account.

I have friends who have wanted to use Freetrade but couldn’t install the app because their store was set to their non-UK home country/region and were running iOS 13.

2 Likes

Doesn’t it change based on IP? What’s visible in Android Play Store depends on IP

No. Where your phone was bought or apple/gmail accounts set up. The only reason I have a Monzo account now for example is because Starling does not allow downloads from phones outside the UK. Same issue might occur for Freetrade.

@SebReitz just shows Android is superior :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha. I am on Android. So this must be a relatively new function for android then if it’s possible now.

Play store has always been based on IP; time to upgrade to Starling