Will this industry be added largely to the stocks available? Example stocks:
• Canopy Growth
• The Green Organic Dutchman
• Innovative Industrial Properties
• Cronos
• Aurora
• Tilray

18 Likes

Someone has suggested Tilray, Canopy Growth Corporation & Aurora Cannabis to be added to the stock universe

6 Likes

We’ll definitely consider adding these stocks if there’s enough demand. Please do vote for the stocks that Jonny’s mentioned or add your own #stock-requests for the others & help us get a sense of how many people want to invest in stocks from this industry :canada:

7 Likes

Would definitely be great to have some of these stocks on the platform. Especially with all the hype around this industry!

4 Likes

Could we vote for as much of the marijuana industry stocks available to be listed asap?

This ETF to the list also?

ETFMG Alternative Harvest ETF

2 Likes

Of the top 8 requested stocks, Tilray (8), Canopy Growth (5) and Aurora (2) are there… So if it’s based on demand we will see them soon right? Along with Tencent?

3 Likes

I really think some cannabis stocks should be made available if possible, the market is set to boom majorly, it could be like investing into Amazon in its early days!!

Drinks manufacturer Anhueser Busch are set to release cannabis infused drinks in the hope of booming that market due to the sales of alchohol dropping year after year.

The medical side of things is a different story, it could be a game changer!

1 Like

I’m hoping that any purchase of cannabis stocks results in this video playing in app

3 Likes

Given that marijuana industry stocks have been occupying the 2nd & 4th top voted positions for several months, as well as having 2 more in the top 25, can the team just give a response as to why they’re not being added?

I’m sure there’s been a discussion around this with good reasoning, just wondering what the thinking is behind the decision not to add?

Main reason = Cannabis is illegal @federal level in North America.

The companies are still new in Canada so couple that with the laws around the world makes eligibility awkward for brokers.

More clarification on what exactly is happening needs to be achieved.

Think of it this way; Why do we still not know exactly what is happening with Brexit?.. The marijuana industry has had/still has immense challenges.

Is that the reason or is it just the slow down in adding stocks in favour of building the investment platform which will allow Canadian stocks to be added?

1 Like

I would take your answer over my answer for sure :0)

1 Like

These stocks are currently of the highest interest to me and I’m holding off using another platform to invest in these stocks in the hope that Freetrade will add them soon.

Are we able to get confirmation that these stocks are coming?

Bit of a tangent but..

2 Likes

It is a great time to add the medical marijuana industry companies, especially with valuations looking to come down for a while.

The next breakthrough in the industry is tipped for around the 24 month from now time.

Hi

I have been interested in buying stocks and shares within the medical marijuana industry due to the research currently happening in regards to benefits of this plant and would like to invest in the research happening as well as manufacturers/dispensers of medical products.

I have read on a number of efts available as well in this field in the US that i would like to invest in.

Is this possible?

1 Like

Hi :wave:

We don’t offer marijuana stocks at the moment but we’d like to in the future. You can vote for the stocks that you want to invest in here.

Please feel free to create #stock-requests topics for each of the ETFs that you’d like us to add too.

I’ve moved your post here to keep all of the discussion in one place. I hope that helps!

1 Like