Megathread - Crowdfunding

Seedrs have now pulled it.

Is this evidence that Republic, the US company that now owns and operates Seedrs, donā€™t know what they are doing in the UK?

Iā€™ve seen a historic long-expired (pre-Republic) advert for a Onboarding Due Diligence Analyst at Seedrs but canā€™t find evidence that they currently employ a Due Diligence Analyst.

If they do, they arenā€™t doing a very good job.

Thatā€™s me completely done with Seedrs, only have to look at the Crowdfunding Graveyard thread to understand why this stuff should be absolutely fundamental to their operations.

What are your thoughts on OPEN BIONICS LTD?

I see it as an intriguing proposition and like their consumer friendly approach with the Disney, Lucas etc. royalty free partnership that I could see more and more run into mainstream and maybe even get them some good PR and movie/TV features?

1 Like

i also worked for insitutionals, frankly spekaing from fundamental quality, seedrs is really a bad platform all arounded.

Looks like Patch has been acquired by Arena Flowers. Strangely can not find a press release just the CEO of Arenas LI post.

From an investor email I received today, ā€œJustPark became profitable for the first time ever in Q3 FY22.ā€

Piece of good news amidst a fairly terrible 2022 for my crowdfunding investments.

14 Likes

Excellent update wasnā€™t it - a rare ray of sunshine. Those that survive this period will probably be handsomely rewarded as the markets and economies recover in late 2023/4 given so many of their competitors wonā€™t surviveā€¦

4 Likes

Good update from Graphene Composites today. Raising again on Crowdcube at Ā£7.10 a share. Decent paper return if you were able to buy at the last round Ā£3 (Ā£2.1 with EIS) back in Sep 21

6 Likes

Hopefully get to see some of their financials in the raise as it always seems very vague to me

2 Likes

or even better if you got in at ~0.84p around July 2018ā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

I got 15p in the first round :grinning:, and it was SEIS!

13 Likes

Anyone got any views on Chipā€™s recent blitz of good news? In particular around moving away from the bonus to AER and the base rate rises really supporting their growth?

1 Like

N26 appear to have been in negotiations to acquire Bux.

The deal fell through. Here is the link to the article in German.

Interesting comments and highly relevant to Freetrade -

I wonder if the in-house tech stack built by Freetrade may prove to have been a great decision with respect to M&A desirability

4 Likes

This is a new for me - one of my small Seedrs investments (Perspective Pictures) actually paid out a dividend.

Invested at Ā£4.19 a share. Paid a dividend of Ā£0.45 per share.

12 Likes

Still need the institutional investor on board that has been promised for so long before I get my hopes up on this one.

Very nice to get a dividend and at 10%+ yield too!

Wouldnā€™t mind a return, any return, on some of my investments.

4 Likes

Amen to that. So much money piled into Seedrs and Crowdcube over the past few years and all thatā€™s happened so far is them crashing and burning and taking my investment with them. :cry:

I live in perpetual hope for one of them to generate something!

3 Likes

Raised on Crowdcube in spring 2021.

1 Like

I cancelled my investment in Citymapper. Really wasnā€™t impressed with the lack of financials, lack of strategy and how rude they were in replies to investors.

I hope that any who did invest get a good return on their investment or at least get their money back.

Simon

9 Likes

I hope some too, but reading the article the expected price will be interesting to seeā€¦I invested a small amount in 2021ā€¦and it will probably be another disappointment where only the very earlier investors and directors cover their investmentsā€¦

1 Like