Megathread - Crowdfunding

interesting, both company’s IP is quite special

1 Like

They have raised a lot of times…not sure if it’s basically a passion/hobby project from the founder or is a real business that can scale & exit.

1 Like
1 Like

£92m post money (sep 2021) on Seedrs

2 Likes

So roughly 50% uplift

@TickTock VitaMojo is raising again £24m.

Nice one dude, but do you know the new valuation and share price?

2 Likes

Great piece of news from Nick, but no word on pre-money valuation. I suspect it’s around the £60m mark where the most recent crowdfunding was at… that would be disappointing if true.

1 Like

Most probably yeah otherwise he would have mentioned it…That is the current situation i guess for most of the startups. Trying to raise to survive for the next 2-3 years and if market conditions allows it after those years higher valuations will come!
It is pretty obvious trying to raise now before the recession hits them too. Also if you noticed on Seedrs lots of campaigns launching again - obviously shows that they want to avoid down rounds and raising money now

1 Like

The size of the raise appears to be what they would have wanted following the £10m Series A. Hopefully there’s some kind of bump as the founders wouldn’t want too much dilution. It’s 40% dilution at a £60m valuation, but assuming 30% makes an £80m valuation which sounds more reasonable…

1 Like

Ballpark dilution for Series Bs should be mid-teens to mid-twenty % dilution… Therefore fingers crossed we are looking at something closer to a £100m post-money valuation, supporting your pre-money assessment above.

2 Likes

If i remember correct first round’s share price was £0.9943 at £24,629,000 post-money valuation right?
They did have some rounds after that but i might have deleted the emails… What is the share price if we indeed hit £100m post-money valuation? any indication guys?

VitaNojo??

I was thinking the transaction was done with pre money valuation of £96M / Post £120M? However the fact it wasn’t mentioned indicates it’s probably less.

Either way this is a MASSIVE endorsement for the business, especially in these days of “risk off”.

The incoming £/$ and, arguably even more importantly, knowledge and connections from Battery Ventures should allow them to seriously scale and quickly to seize the opportunity in front of them.

More importantly - Go Warriors :basketball::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don’t know which forum covers the Freetrade raises but spotted this; Announcing our latest funding round

Securing a £24M Series B is a great result for Vita Mojo! It’s a significant amount of capital that should allow them to pursue EU growth more aggressively.

Eagerly awaiting news on the valuation :eyes:

2 Likes

Really liked the look of this one (invested just prior to the weekend) and looks like everyone else did as well. $5M allocation sold out in days. Sorry I should have shared this immediately. Had to move quick to grab an allocation.

If you like the look of it you may be able to go on the waitlist as they may move accredited investors to the side to allow more allocation for Reg CF…

1 Like

I initially invested but cancelled. The reviews seems to be quite bad and it appears the valuation has gone up from $5m to $100m, I think this has now been reduced to $80m.Quantbase on Wefunder seems like better value.
https://wefunder.com/quantbase

Good find and good luck with that. It opens up an interesting topic on what does value actually mean. Lower entry points are naturally great to maximise upside potential but it’s not value if there is no return. I’m betting there is a good chance of a decent return on this one even if it’s at a much higher entry point. I have too many super high risk ones as it is :rofl::ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

I was a bit put off by the lack of traction in this raise. If they can’t raise big money to fund their business, it’s a much riskier venture

In 2016, I invested in the first round of a new startup. They raised less than £170k from only 143 investors. The investment is currently up 11526%. The startup is Freetrade!

I have seen messages on Twitter about people who are looking to short CNBC Jim Cramer picks or following Nancy Pelosi portfolio or shorting Ark Invest ETF. Quantbase is providing such strategies for investors. This is increasingly becoming popular. I am willing to take the risk.

www.bloomberg.com/professional/blog/time-may-be-ripe-for-an-inverse-jim-cramer-etf-after-arkk-call

https://twitter.com/WallStreetSilv/status/1522000451641741313/photo/1

1 Like