Megathread - 🔥 Dividend Fest 🔥

Good news to beat your target. Keep at it and let compounding do its work for you.

Will keep an eye out.

Next month I’m going spending :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Another dividend fest month (my personal one is >£50) thanks to Rio Tinto.

April 2020 = £1.21.
April 2021 = £3.97.
April 2022 = £68.52.

6 Likes

Sorry the Figure 3 in the last one did not display the full X axis

4 Likes

Love how it appears FreeTrade are paying some of my dividends early.

I recall getting one for £FCIT a day early.

I think the payment date for both £VUCP and £VUTY is today, but i got it yesterday.

Result :grin:

2 Likes

VUCPs pay date was the 27th, so I expect your not getting them early, that would be pretty unusual

did you reinvest in the same companies or just spread the dividends around?

I use dividends to reinvest in the companies that have paid well relative to initial investment (Figure 3), but also use the dividends to invest in new companies.

So both :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks. yeah, will be a bit confusing at first so I best set up a spreadsheet to keep me sane and see what rolls in. I bought some other stocks so will see those divi’s come in too.

forgot to ask, does this show on your monthly statement?

could life get any better :heart_eyes: I’m off out tomorrow to treat the other half to a steak… bake and a donut

12 Likes

What software do you use?

Another good month :slight_smile:

May 2020 = £1.69.
May 2021 = £15.06
May 2022 = £88.29.

As always, this not a means of boasting but as a way of encouraging others that dividends will build up over time if you are consistent. On figure 3 you can see the names of all my holdings.

12 Likes

Excellent.

Tbf though you need to tell people that it is not normal for dividends to jump from £10 to £90. It is not merely consistent saving that does that (and obvious from the mostly less than 5% yield you’ve been getting). That is a whopping big increase. There are at three things that are likely to account for your jump (a) investment change (b) resumption of dividends following the pandemic and (c) a huge increase in capital invested i.e. you bought a lot more shares. So for example what was you investment level in May 2022 as opposed to May 2020?

I think it is important to look at total return especially in the growing stage of investing. For all I know you may have suffered massive capital losses too which make these dividends look distinctly flabby.

Anyway, congratulations. The main aim of my message is to make new investors think about the numbers.

3 Likes

Fabulous, I remember your graphs from last month and they are very inspiring!

I’ve had an unexpectedly good month this month with ETFs that I didn’t realise paid in May pushing me into the three figure territory. I’ll have three figures for June and July as well although it will tail off for August. Obviously with regular contributions, hopefully wise investing and barring any pandemic-like incident which causes another pause in dividend payments, I hope for a continual upward trend year on year.

4 Likes

Very nice keep it up

1 Like

Sorry yes, i rushed this post

a) My investment has remained consistent at £550 investment per month.

b) My 5 biggest holdings include Shell, BP and Rio. Shell and BP are up 60% for me which potentially skews this.

c) Similar to a), and my portfolio is green (+13%)

Hope this helps :smiley:

5 Likes

regular investing is a good way to do things, you will be benefiting from £ cost averaging.

I presume green means ‘in the black’ rather than green ‘environmentally friendly’ :smile:

bitflip makes a good point about total return, for comparison i am tracking a total return (all dividends/gains/losses/fees included) of 9% p.a. on data going back to 2007, not massive but a pleasing return.

4 Likes

That’s a fantastic return, compound that over a the same length again and you should be sitting very pretty. We’ll done @ftdcominfra

3 Likes

Not only that but if they pay 9% every year, that’s a 100% return on your investment in less than 12 years.

1 Like