Megathread - 🔥 Dividend Fest 🔥

Glad to say I have smashed through my last year’s record dividend payments, Still have 3 months of the year to go!

Although my portfolio is currently at an all-time low, I’m not phased as I’m in it for the long run!

Good luck all,

Roughly £69 a month

18 Likes

Yesterday, with the payment of the VUSA dividend, I passed £1,000 lifetime dividends (I say lifetime, I started investing in summer 2019). I know there is always a lot of discussion about the relevance of dividends, but I can’t tell you how motivating it is to see these gather pace month over month.

Anyone who is perhaps feeling frustrated by slow growth, I do encourage you to keep going. It really does snowball over time!

16 Likes

Fully agree and that is exactly my philosophy, and it is true that it is extremely motivating. For this year (financial year from April), I’ve now passed the £800 mark with all the ETF and insurance dividends from September. Sadly October looks like netting me only £25 compared to the roughly £215 for September, but anything is better than nothing.

4 Likes

I thought I could share my dividend progress to encourage others! It’s almost reaching £1000 from inception.
I have started my portfolio relatively recently (Jun 2019) but I can see some progress. I hope this inspires some of the Freetraders. I just want to add that I don’t hold a dividend portfolio, I have a hybrid portfolio.

Yearly comparison on total:

Growth percentage:
Screenshot 2022-10-04 125221

Yearly comparison per month:

Happy investing!

19 Likes

Thank you for sharing your investment journey.
Its encouraging to see from a new invester like myself. :+1:

3 Likes

WHOOOP !
:laughing: :laughing: :heart_eyes:

16 Likes

Bet your namesake would be jealous of that!

:laughing:

Well done :+1:

2 Likes

Been investing for years now but only really started looking at dividends recently. Earned a total of 3.31 for September :joy:

Does anyone know a website or somewhere with a good income tracker template where I can record how much of my dividends I’ve reinvested and where?

1 Like

Just looked at App and noticed Dividends now appearing under Recent Activity on the individual stock alongside purchsses (as well as in the main Activity tab.

GREAT UPDATE

Thank you.

5 Likes

And another. Go go cola :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

they keep coming… I cant keep up … Im off out to spend spend spend :laughing:

2 Likes

I applaud your enthusiasm mate! But could you post less frequently please? Imagine what mayhem this thread would be if everyone’d post their £0.1 dividend payment. Thanks!

but its exciting … 75p !
I can nearly afford a greggs sausage roll :laughing:

12 Likes

After a very quiet July and August I managed to crack £100 for the 1st time in September.

19 Likes

Just received 56p worth of dividends. For my holdings in VPC speciality. 2p per share quarterly payment. Is my maths iffy but 4831 shares times 2p times doesn’t work out at 56p?
You need to double check any dividends you get paid into your account at freetrade.
Arhhh i didn’t own most of them on exdivided date.

I see you are getting a lot of likes. 14 so far! Keep up the posts. They are clearly appreciated.

1 Like

Hybrid?
Give us an idea of what that means.
IE whats the split growth and value ETFs etc.

:joy:
Granted.
:heart_eyes:
I can afford a Starbucks coffee now

We all love free money.
Long live the dividend

6 Likes

Esteemed Sir, Pop an email to support … these aren’t Freetrade’s customer service support pages. £96.62 - 56p shouldn’t be going amiss. Not on a Friday evening for sure.

1 Like

Hybrid meaning is not a portfolio dedicated to growth companies (ie amazon,tesla, alphabet, etc.) nor to dividend companies either(ie Legal&General, Unilever, GSK).

I don’t know the split in percentage of the money invested or number of companies. I can calculate that if you really want to know. I don’t stick to a strict formula to build my portfolio, I invest in what I consider good companies and either they have good growth prospects (growth) or less growth prospects, but will outlive me and pay a good dividend.

1 Like