Megathread - šŸ”„ Dividend Fest šŸ”„

So much excitementā€¦ a whole, whoppingā€¦

0.33p

I think I timed something right to get a payout so quickly!

21 Likes

:+1: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Donā€™t spend it all at once.
Seek investment advice.

5 Likes

Sure, thatā€™s like a whole tin of beans or somethingā€¦

1 Like

Pennies grow into pounds :deciduous_tree:

9 Likes

More than you get in most savings accounts at the moment

4 Likes

More like Jack and the beanstalk kind of thing

@Pdw Indeed, cash ISA is at 0.01% interest per annum at the moment. This works out at 1.5% of the value of the stock held at the time.

2 Likes

Well, @Raul itā€™s a tin of Tesco value beans, and not the ones with sausages inā€¦ But itā€™s better than nothing, and it was good to get.

1 Like

What stock was it? If you donā€™t mind me asking? 1.5 better than anything available :money_mouth_face:

Was it V3AM? I received a dividend payment for that today.

1 Like

For those asking, it was from iShares High dividend (Ā£IUKD). And @Pdw my maths could be way offā€¦ It was 0.33p from about Ā£22 worth of shares.
I sold them to buy them again in my shiny new FT S&S ISA - but on the basis of this Iā€™ll likely get some more at some point.

7 Likes

Congratulations :+1:

4 Likes

Hi @SteveW1 Welcome!

3 Likes

Fantastic as you only have Ā£1 invested :grinning:

We all start somewhere. I remember my first dividend payment was 7p and now last month alone it was Ā£234.37; albeit that was good month

7 Likes

Last month was my best ever month, September is always good for me because a lot of the big FTSE 100 companies pay out, and because I reinvest the dividends itā€™s get slightly better ever year

6 Likes

I remember thinking the same thing. Wow, dividendā€¦ oh, 20pā€¦ that isnā€™t significant at all (early 2020).

Now I receive around Ā£40 a month on average and reinvest them. Last month I received my largest dividend payment (around Ā£17.50 from Shell).

As someone else said, pennies grow into pounds. My goal is to hit Ā£3000 in dividends annually over the next couple of years. I pay for the ISA account.

6 Likes

So, more thought, and more actual planning instead of floundering aboutā€¦ And Iā€™ve arranged a handful of stocks in my S&S FT ISA so the dividends should (if all goes to plan and the percentages play out as expected - I know they might notā€¦) pay out around 5% of my invested total over a year. Thatā€™s how the cash ISA interest is calculated, so Iā€™m using the same basis for comparison.

Iā€™ve had a total of almost a whole pound so far, with a few more pennies expected next week.

I have a nice little spreadsheet to keep tabs on it all, and the really hard part is sitting and doing nothing!

Considering I get 0.01% interest in my cash ISA with the bank, that should do nicely.

*Note: My existing savings, and pension are staying exactly where they are, Iā€™m not being silly with it all.

3 Likes

Yes, the really hard part is waiting - patience is needed but itā€™s worth the wait!

It was similar for me when I started growing my dividend portfolio - total dividends received in 2014 was Ā£9.30. In 2020, my total was a shade over Ā£3.8k, which pretty much covers many of my monthly bills (the intention for this part of my portfolio). My yield is around 4%.

Keep at it and keep tracking that year on year spreadsheet!

5 Likes

Here are my dividends with an exponential, line of best fit, and 3 month moving average.

As you can see it starts slowly but you will soon be getting over Ā£10 a month.

FYI I started investing in Jan 2020 and invested Ā£550 a month. Dividends were reinvested.

3 Likes