MEGATHREAD: European expansion ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡บ

Welcome Karl :wave:

2 Likes

Poland has to been earlier than Czech Republic and Croatia. Bigger market, more opportunities.

2 Likes

Am I correct in thinking that Poland had one of the lowest rates for unemployment during pan*emic? And still, quite significant improvements and start-ups growing. Why you underestimate central Europe :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

We should be nearing launch soon??

Would be great to get an update for both investors & soon-to-be EU Freetraders!

7 Likes

Now if this comment sounds anti-euro it IS NOT :+1: I just have a genuine concern that we could end up with a horrible and cluttered forum. Does anyone know if FT will soon launch individual language communities?

I have nothing against other languages being used at all and will happily read foreign language films, loving The Hunter and Lilyhammer at the moment, but if we multiplied the topics into several other languages it would be a full time job keeping up with the latest. :joy:

A filter maybe? Would be nice to keep a common thread to discuss both sides of the water views but I donโ€™t see it is practical for the majority. As I said donโ€™t think I am being anti-EU just being practical.

They already have.

2 Likes

Well seeing as the EU still have English as an official language, and the fact that there are probably more English speaking people in Europe than in the UK, why not keep the forum in English, but have an auto translate, (similar to what is seen on facebook) added to the site.

Us Brits are crap at languages, unlike our neighbours across the stream, often speaking better English than we do. I have a lot of European work colleagues, and Iโ€™m slightly embarrassed about my language skills, although my Spanish is improving slowly.

1 Like

@BOOM :+1: that puts me in my place :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@HighlandTiger totally agree about our language skills although I have read that actually us Brits are not bad at all in leagues when considering โ€œanything but englishโ€ 2nd and 3rd languages.I think we beat ourselves up a lot in this country about things like this :joy: but I wold say it would be unfair to ask others to use English as translaters never get context right.

Anyhow Boom corrected me and my point was frankly pointless :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think it would be best to have designated forums for each country, while translations are good the software still isnโ€™t perfect. Especially when you take dialects into account.

3 Likes