MEGATHREAD: European expansion 🇪🇺

The previous terms were fairly blunt about not supporting OTCMKTS. I’m assuming as they’ve grown pressure to support some high volume OTCMKTS has also grown.

Euro stocks must be close!

34 Likes

$🇺🇸
£🇬🇧
¥🇯🇵

Japan coming sooner than expected?

17 Likes

Wow!

1 Like

Just adding these because it seems like we’ll need them soon.

Anyone know how to pronounce ‘ä’? Is it just like our ‘a’ only louder and slower?

12 Likes

It’s like “eh”, as in bed

1 Like

Vod ehr/air dit anvendarnoomer snella, would be close to English phonetic

2 Likes

Haha. My goal is to get this forum busy while you lot are sleeping. It’s no fun waiting until the evening for the Freetrade community to awaken from its slumber, I need some company while the sun shines down on Mt. Fuji!

16 Likes

Hopefully soon you will be kept busy referring new Japanese Freetraders while the rest of us sleep! :muscle:t4: :pray:t4:

8 Likes

Is the Swedish website saying what I think it’s saying?

With Google translate:

Launched in Sweden in 2021? :fireworks: :freetrade: :tada:

21 Likes

Just searched the Swedish App Store and it’s not there yet: Experience the App Store and iTunes Anywhere | fnd

4 Likes

2 Likes

Not as far as I can see. Searching for it just brings up DeGiro.

(Switched to the SE App Store for it)

1 Like

That just refers to their developer account, which they’ll need for releasing the app in the future. Nice find though.

1 Like

Yes, exactly. It is displaying their developer account. This is the account that Freetrade created in order to release apps on the App Store. Unfortunately there is no app released yet, but hopefully that will change soon.

1 Like

We’ll see European stocks added in the UK before launch

1 Like

I checked the Swedish Financial Services Regulator Register and couldn’t find Freetrade (possibly could use another name to register I guess) Company register | Finansinspektionen

4 Likes

The fact that the Sweden landing page says it is launching in 2021 suggests they must be pretty confident.

2 Likes

Based on today’s AMA with Duncan this is looking accurate.

EU stocks will (hopefully) be right at the end of this year or early 2022 and once that’s complete they will start work on EUR/SEK denominated accounts. So could be waiting a while longer!

5 Likes

Haha I think they said “soon” back in 2019.

10 Likes