Megathread: Freetrade Desktop/Web Beta Testing

Thought I’d start a new thread for those who are beta testing the new freetrade web app. I am assuming from the screenshot in the email that URL will be web.freetrade.io, but I guess we’ll wait for more details to emerge.

Do we know if there will be a limited number of testers, or if everyone with Plus will get access?

Exciting times.

19 Likes

Recent mail suggested all plus members would get it, no details though yet on access and timing

3 Likes

I like the look of that Crypto account section!

5 Likes

Eagle eyes :eagle: :eyes:

So is this actually real or April fools?

I’m a plus member, when will we be able to get our hands on it?

1 Like

If it’s an April fool, it’s a super cruel one…

2 Likes

If its an April fool and I worked at FT, i’d be very embarrassed that they are unable to deliver what their clients want and all they can do is joke about it :slight_smile: but i’m hoping its real!

Just to be clear, the web app is a real development. Thanks for all the comments so far.

28 Likes

Good news - thanks!

:sweat_smile: had to actually confirm it !

I’d pay 9.99 for web app, limit orders, Isa and support. And by the looks of it … crypto. Any comments on the crypto on the screenshot ? @Rajan07

1 Like

2 Likes

Hi Rajan. Can you confirm whether the web app is exclusive to plus members or is that just during the beta? Thanks

2 Likes

1 Like

Thanks for starting the tread @markrc

I’m looking forward to trialing it and I’m keeping my fingers crossed for improved charts and search capabilities amongst other frequently requested features.

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to being able to uninstall the app and instead log on to the webapp once a month to make my regular investments :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

The might make you use the app to login to the web :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Gotta get those MAU stats in!

2 Likes

Hope not. I figure if I can log in once a month and not have the app on my phone, I’m less likely to be tempted to tinker with my portfolio or be swayed by day-to-day movements.

4 Likes

It looks like the web app is showing new portfolio performance insights :+1:
You can see the performance of your investments for the previous day/week/month/year and show by absolute £ or %. It also looks like there’s a sorting option, currently sorted by Value. So there’ll be a bit more advanced functionality than on the phone app coming in the web Beta.

18 Likes

I would settle for the sort by function being just on the web but at the moment it is terrible trying to work out performance in some aspects. If the web version does this great, use the app to just monitor and buy.

Would have preferred it all on the app as I don’t particularly want web based but great for others. I never use my web version for other trading accounts so not sure I will for FT after the initial FOMO exploring :slight_smile:

3 Likes