MEGATHREAD: Freetrade iPad app

Another vote for ticking the M1 Mac usability please!

1 Like

Kudos to the FT team, although a simple adaptation, and room for improvement - I’m happy to have a fully fledged iPad app rather than the iPhone equivalent. A lot of larger fin-techs just don’t even bother, so thank you! :clap:t2:

Looking forward to widgets, complications and a desktop site to follow :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I’m sorry but this is ridiculous. Think BIGGER

I’m looking forward to the Freetrade Augmented Reality app that integrates with phone based AR, and hololens. Clearly this is a priority :grin:

1 Like

If Freetrade isn’t installed in a chip in my brain by Easter I shall be sorely disappointed.

7 Likes

Freetrade partnership with Elon musk and his neuralink tech

1 Like

I tell you what, these drops don’t look as bad on a bigger graph :joy:

8 Likes

I’m tempted to get an iPad for my coming birthday just to check it out

Cons:
I don’t need a tablet

£500 in the SP500 and forgotten there may be around £8000 in around 30 years time, provided the SP500 continues to deliver close to 10% total annual returns on average

Think I’ll buy the stock for my birthday instead

4 Likes

When is the update going to be properly switched on rather than just a blown up iPhone version?

When I opened my app last night it had updated from that version. Not sure when my update happened but it’s definitely happening!

1 Like

Yep - I’m still on blown up iphone version as well

1 Like

I was updated to the newer version this morning

2 Likes

Just downloaded it - looks pretty good!

Wait can they also develop this for Mac, with M1 chip? That way we have desktop access!

Loving the iPad app, great job Freetrade team!

2 Likes

Still not got it :disappointed:

We’re just rolling out to 100% of users – coming from 50% on Friday.

The next time you launch the app on your iPad, you should see your new sidebar :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Saw it late last night! Looks great, thanks for your work on it!

2 Likes

This past Friday, or coming Friday? I’m not seeing the nav bar yet - tried a cold reset, updated, and fresh login :relieved:

I just downloaded the iPad app and I also don’t have the new sidebar yet

This should be working over the next few days!

One thing to note is that the side bar is only available on iOS 14 and upwards – I believe (almost) all iPads we support should be upgradable to iOS 14, so double check you’re not on an earlier version. Apple have a list of supported iOS 14 devices right at the bottom of this page iPadOS 15 - Apple (UK)

1 Like