MEGATHREAD: Freetrade Plus :plus_:

I thought there was a Google Sheet with the list? Not sure if it’s still updated.

This one?

2 Likes

This looks like it’s up to date.

1 Like

Being a new member here can someone tell me why some stocks are only for Plus members. Does this mean that research has been done on these particular stocks and given their potential they have been added to Plus therefore requiring a monthly fee to benefit from this? I don’t have a great deal of funds to invest but i would like to pick some of these stocks due to their price.

This is how they are selected to be in Plus.

8 Likes

Tried to search on previous topics but could not find the answer.

Does anyone know what happens to limit orders, and buy orders placed whilst on Plus after you cancel.

Do they get wiped out, or do they stay until triggered?

Many thanks

1 Like

Couple of questions about plus before I sign up for it
1 if I decide to cancel, it take it plus stocks I have bought can be sold?
2 does the app layout change to show plus only stocks or do I still have to search them individually?

The app layout remains the same, you get to choose between two shortcut icons though.

About the shares I don’t know the answer.

They claim to have a “dedicated support” but that’s not the experience I’ve had. When you go in the chat ir says they’re busy, and to send an email instead that could take up to 2 working days for them to get back to you. I’m still waiting though.

1 Like

If you cancel, you keep whatever shares you’ve got, you can sell them any time you want, you just can’t buy more

As far as finding plus stocks, I actually find it more difficult as a plus member to find them, as the ‘plus’ icon disappears when you subscribe.

You can check on the universe spreadsheet to see if it’s a plus stock though - a bit of a hassle but it is an option.

Here is the link: Freetrade Investment Universe - Google Sheets

Apologies if this has already been asked.

I have a question regarding Buy/Sell orders. I know that the in app prices are delayed. Are my orders based upon what it shows in the app or the actuall up to date market price at that time?

Thanks

@Shortiearnie

It’s based on the live price. Use Google finance for UK stocks and yahoo for US stocks.

7 Likes

I’m going to subscribe to Freetrade Plus in time for the new tax year.

1 Like

Hi there, and welcome to the forum :wave:

You can find more of a breakdown on how we arrived at the free and Plus stock universe in this video.

In short, and as shown in the image shared above, we follow the indexes, which we think makes this as simple as possible:

3 Likes

I’ve just signed up to Freetrade Plus and the 1st payment has been taken. Will the ISA account option be available in app from the start of the new Tax year 6th April ? Thanks :star_struck:

2 Likes

It should be available from now, there is in-app support if you are having technical difficulties

I transferred out this years ISA for the fractional US shares that I couldn’t get on FT at the time. Coming home this April.

2 Likes

You have to email them to re-open :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I signed up to Freetrade Plus 3 weeks ago. I had only a general investment account before that.
I was able to open an ISA inside the app, so I am sure you can do it too after the 5th of April.

Hi Members,

Hope everyone is well!

I wanted to know the pros and cons of freetrade plus account.

I am a new ISA investor and not quite happy with that as everytime I need to monitor the share price to buy and sell and it does not show the live trading price.

Also I am a small investor with annual investment of about 5k. Does it make sense to upgrade to free trade plus with higher monthly account fees?

Any guidance would be helpful.

Thanks
Suman

Honestly, there are plenty of threads on whether it can be justified/if it’s suitable for small investors. Search the forum and find them. Ultimately, it’s your decision and no one else can make it for you. The one thing I would say is that you can subscribe to Plus for a month, cancel and then resubscribe three months later. Limit orders are valid for up to 90 days, so there’s that option.