MEGATHREAD: Freetrade SIPP

This is great news, got my invite today and potentially got 2 pensions to bring across to this. This must be a game changer for Freetrade.

Great work Freetrade team once again.

4 Likes

Hopefully today is the day

1 Like

(impatiently hopping from foot to foot, waiting for my invite emailā€¦)

How is the rollout going, does anyone know? Are those of us who were disappointed not to get the invite last week (as suggested in email, and discussed already) likely to see some movement this week, or are we looking at several weeks/months until the waiting list is processed?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve read somewhere, I wish I could remember exactly where to share it, that some SIPPs allow you to invest in private aka non listed companies.

Is this true?

If it is true, and since many of the Freetrade shareholders are keen to have their Freetrade shares shown in Freetrade, how awesome it would be to do this through Fretradeā€™s SIPP?

Or, is this something not possible because they are crowdfunding shares and regulations donā€™t allow it?!, nor do crowdfunding platforms helding the shares for the investors?

Given the shares are EIS, even if you could transfer them to a SIPP I think it would be pointless.

I donā€™t wish to sound too negative but I find it a bit annoying that in todayā€™s update email from Freetrade it says that you could have your SIPP within days if you sign up to the waitlist today. I signed up ages ago like many on here and am still waiting. Todayā€™s message makes me wonder what point there was in signing up ages ago and whether we have been forgotten. I was really hoping for this to have been ready in December. Since then all the things I wanted to invest in have gone up considerably leaving me feeling like I am just losing out all the time.

Right rant over. Hopefully we will all get good news soon.

4 Likes

I donā€™t know how many other people on that waitlist are waiting but Iā€™m one of them too.

Iā€™m sure weā€™ll get that eagerly-awaited email soon [checks again]. Ok maybeā€¦ now? [checks again]. Orā€¦ [checks again] ā€¦

5 Likes

The transfer process was really simple, now just a waiting game for Freetrade and Standard Life to have a chat and get the wheels moving.

Very good customer experience.

7 Likes

It would be amazing to get the option to contribute directly from a Ltd. Company in the future.

5 Likes

Yeah. Really hoping this happens.

For now though, I decided to make a lump sum cash advanced into my current SIPP via my limited company in anticipation for my move over to Freetrade.

This way I donā€™t need to worry about having to make my usual monthly payments into the SIPP, hoping Freetrade sort this feature out when Iā€™m ready to resume doing so.

Letā€™s see if Iā€™ve bought ourselves enough runway to get this feature done.

Agreed. This will be super.

:eyes:

7 Likes

Does this prompt you to join the waitlist or something else?

I opened the app and while I didnā€™t see that message I could open a SIPP from my profile page. :tada::tada::tada:

Thatā€™s to open one, just appeared today for me.

I just got an email and notification from the app. I think itā€™s just got to my place in the waitlist rather than being open to all yet.

Itā€™s still the waitlist people they are processing. Iā€™m able to open it now (was on the waitlist)

Boom! In, and SIPP opened. ~Transfer through in-app chat, right? Or am I missing a menu item somewhereā€¦?~

Edit: Iā€™m an idiot - in my excitement, I wasnā€™t paying enough attention!

2 Likes

I believe

1 Like

Is there any ideas on when this will happen?