MEGATHREAD: Recurring orders (Beta) is here

Here is good. The relevant PM and developers will read it. There are several mentions above of div reinvestment - but your voice also counts so please go ahead …

5 Likes

Sorry I overlooked that!

It would be great to have an auto invest option. So you can set up a direct debit each month to go into your Freetrade account and select where / how to invest it so it does it automatically until stopped.

4 Likes

Hi everyone :wave:

We’ve started rolling out beta recurring orders to our Standard customers.

Recurring orders is the latest feature to be added to our Standard plan. So alongside recurring orders, standard users will also get:

• Our full range of 6,000+ stocks
  • Limit orders & stop losses
  • Analyst ratings
  • 1% on uninvested cash (up to £2,000)
  • An ISA for no extra cost

We plan to release recurring orders for Android in the coming weeks. Stay tuned :eyes:

_ _

This should not be read as personal investment advice and individual investors should make their own decisions or seek independent advice.

When you invest, your capital is at risk. The value of your portfolio can go down as well as up and you may get back less than you invest. Tax rules for ISAs and pensions can change and their benefits depend on your circumstances.

16 Likes

Hi

I still can’t see the option for a reoccurring order - I am a standard user.

Thank you

Same

Hey all @PatrickBuhagiar said

and he really means that. App version updates can be released in stages. The way this works is that over a seven day period a particular percentage of users receive the update. Apple selects who gets it randomly (using their Apple ID). Freetrade decides what % get it.

So it can choose, as example, that on day 1 2% gets it, by day 5 16% get it and so on until day 7 when 100% get it. Your app notification will not tell you that you are on a phased version of the app.

There are several advantages to this. One of which is that if some important bug gets into the wild updates can be paused before everyone gets the bug!

Not having the update is a feature friends not a bug. So for now, pinging this board, or contacting support, to say you don’t have it doesn’t add any value and you won’t get it faster. I know you are all keen on seeing this feature in action … and you will.

7 Likes

Hey, @bitflip is correct! This is being rolled out slowly and should be available to everyone by next week :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Has anyone who had the beta on IOS used this already and set it up, did it work all good? :blush:

1 Like

Why does it take so long to roll out?

It worked exactly as intended in its current limited guise. Looking forward to the improvements and additions moving forward.

3 Likes

Good explanation by @bitflip above - MEGATHREAD: Recurring orders (Beta) is here - #112 by bitflip

1 Like

This is certainly a very much needed feature…however if you wanted to invest in a diverse range of investment seach month it means creating multiple standing orders from your bank account. If you hold an ISA and a SIPP, this would be double.

Do you have plans to adapt this feature so that you can create one standing order from your bank account each month, and the recurring orders come from your cash balance if there are sufficient funds in there? Surely that is much more straight forward?

I am desparete to use this feature, but can’t as it stands as I don’t want to set up so many standing orders from my bank.

Nick

3 Likes

Hey Nick,

FT’s team already confirmed that this is a logical next step.

4 Likes

Hi Sergy,

Thanks for the response. I look forward to seeing when it can get released.

Nick

3 Likes

Emm the fact I’m Android and bank of scotland would be one haha

Can you delete an inactive recurring order ?

1 Like

At the moment you can deactivate it, which will simply redirect any future standing order deposits to allocate as 100% cash. We’ll add the ability to hide recurring orders in the coming weeks

4 Likes

Hey all, I wanted to update you on where we are at with the recurring orders feature we Beta launched in August.

We now have a lot more data and insight into this feature from a variety of sources. There’s been some great feedback, both positive and constructive in this thread. We’ve done surveys and user interviews to find out more about the problem we’re trying to solve and also have a lot of quantitative data as to how customers are interacting with the feature today.

We have a design for the next iteration of this feature which addresses 2 key points:

• The ability to set-up a recurring order from cash in your portfolio, so it isn’t reliant on setting up a standing order from your bank
  • The ability to add multiple instruments to your recurring order

The Beta was a quick way for us to get some learnings from the feature. While we will keep the Beta feature running on iOS for those who wish to continue using it, we will be moving the button on the instrument screen further down so that we are able to give more prominence to some of our other new features on that screen.

We have also decided not to extend the Beta to Android. Instead we will be building out the new feature on both Android & iOS in parallel so customers on both platforms will be able to gain access to the new feature at the same time.

Thanks again for the continued feedback. We do appreciate it as a Product & Engineering team as it helps us with both prioritising and designing our features.

27 Likes