Meta - META - Share Chat

I don’t know if anyone has watched the HBO show Silicon Valley but they might have rejected this as a plot line for being too unbelievable!

1 Like

Lol. I guess a chatbot is just a reflection of the general consensus as that’s what it’s trained on.

2 Likes

If you use a VPN you can play with it yourself, it’s in the US only. They do warn that it could say strange things but I don’t think they expected it to bury the boss quite like that.

1 Like

When you become the very thing you swore to destroy

1 Like

Maybe it’s already time to buy!

This is a good write-up on the diverging views within Meta & the metaverse about the direction. This would be fine if it didn’t cost $10bn a year.

1 Like

From reddit: I hope he can do for Facebook what he did for the Lib Dems

1 Like

This is very odd, he’s the de facto No2 to Zuck and must have a remuneration package in the 8-digit range.

1 Like

Yeah, but on the other hand he’s Nick Clegg.

3 Likes

I’m so naive, I brought in 100% and still have difficulty believing that the post-election Nick is the same guy as before.

Working for Meta and selling his soul for a giant paycheck, however, shows how wrong I was.

1 Like

I kind of agree. I was never a Clegg fan, but I can’t imagine he needs the money and this feels like it should be an actual serious crime?!

I guess its not though. FB can ultimately decide what does and doesn’t appear on their platform :disappointed:

1 Like

With a bad week for big tech, one could assume the market had felt today’s figures were lriced in with a -5.5% write-down. Wrong, premarket trading is down nearly 20%, and the metaverse bet is what the market likes the least. Bold moves are often met with skepticism but how long can Zuckerberg hold the virtual line here?

1 Like

I hate after hours trading

How are you supposed to sleep when this is what you are going to wake up to?

Back to 2014 levels by the looks of it. How much further will it go !

3 Likes

This was a fantastic breakdown. The All in guys can be a bit much but their knowledge in this field, especially Chamath, is incredible

2 Likes