Meta - META - Share Chat

I actually got a reply from Facebook Investor Relations on this, $5B of the increase was due to the settlement payout. They’ve also increased their headcount 31% in the last year, pretty insane!

1 Like

Also looking to hire 1000 extra people in London

1 Like

I actually built that building, I was one of the engineers - Rathbone Square

3 Likes

Apparently they haven’t found a way to monetise WhatsApp yet…if they do :exploding_head:

1 Like

I’m surprised there hasn’t been a pro tier announced for business or something like that.

They’ve been working to develop the brand offering for quite some time now, I do wonder where it’s at.

I suppose it has to be so seamless, they just have to get it 100% right before going too far.

What’s your thoughts as Facebook as a stock for the next 5-10 years. Was watching Financial Education Jeremy and he said it’s literally printing money if you buy Facebook stock just now compared to where it’ll be in 5 years. I just can’t bring myself to invest in it.

Really! Is it big?

1 Like

162 apartments and 6-7 floors of office space, from memory something like that. Think the whole build cost £250M. I worked on it for 2 years, but quit construction now :grinning:

1 Like

6 floors with a basement, to be exact.

Agreed absolutely love Whatsapp. Don’t understand people who do group chat via iMessage. Wonder if the phone companies do not like it due to it being largely WiFi based for calls and messages

1 Like

That’s mainly it, I mean it pretty much replaced a lot of other apps and services for people. Like eg. when on holidays, to avoid roaming charges, people just use any and all available WiFi spots to send messages to folks back home. Then there’s using it for “face time”, I don’t even bother using the Skype app anymore as why would I, can just do video call using WhatsApp.

1 Like

I’m long Facebook because of Instagram mainly, but I think there’s a lot of potential in monetising WhatsApp.

Tencent (which I also hold) is far ahead in monetising messaging, they turned WeChat into a payments platform.

3 Likes

COVID-19 impact so far: messaging across Facebook’s platforms is up over 50 per cent, but they are talking “a weakening in our ads business” and it’s a similar story for Twitter and Alphabet.

I see so many investing YouTubers talk about Facebook at these price ranges and say it’s more or less “printing money” if you invest in it now and hold for 5 years.

I’ve never had it on my watchlist but at these valuations it’s definitely starting to look attractive, I still think there will be more downside and I may look to add a small portion into it. Even if you get a 2x over 5 years you can’t complain for sure, and that’s very realistic.

2 Likes

And now for a meme

:slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like