Meta - META - Share Chat

4 Likes

Hi guys,

Iā€™m fairly new to stock trading despite having investment experience. I have been checking Facebookā€™s stock lately and have been keen to dip in given I see them very well positioned on the nascent AR VR space.

I was looking at the ā€œInsider transactionā€ section of Yahoo Finance and noticed that in the past year, the CEO (Zuck), the CFO and the General Counsel have all very regularly sold shares. The pace of it seems a bit curious (small batches every 7 days) which makes me cautious about investing now. After all, Facebook is in the eye of cyclone of the regulator and the next administration might take a stronger stance.
See for yourself:

What do you guys think? Can anyone more experienced in stock picking shed some light here (again Iā€™m fairly new to this)?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

1 Like

Bitcoin ( 765.70B ) and Tesla ( 809.94B ) are now worth more than FB ( 755.61B ) :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Investors a clearly savvy to the fact that Tesla and Bitcoin are out of scope of the salvo of incoming antitrust proceedings against Facebook and friendsā€¦

But seriously, those valuations are absolutely bananas and points to considerable market dislocation camouflaged by loose (HAHA!) monetary policy.

4 Likes

Today will be announced the Earnings Release of Facebook.
Analysis & rating of BarChart: FB - Meta Platforms Old Stock Analyst Ratings - Barchart.com

so are apple, snapchat, and many techiesā€”many are working on AR. even microsoft. facebook is still an ad-money play where they compete with google and amazon --tis in their other revenue

facebook instagramā€™s competitor is now snapchat, tiktok, youtube. tiktok are growing too fast for facebook.

now they got this apple stuff

With the advent of iOS 14, Apple announced a new privacy-focused ad framework, SKAdNetwork . Unlike previously, apps would now be required to show the App Tracking Transparency(ATT) system prompt thereby giving users the final choice whether to ā€œAllowā€ or ā€œAsk App Not to Trackā€. This one dialog sent tremors in the whole mobile advertisement industry as IDFA was rendered useless. If a user selects ā€œAsk App Not to Trackā€, the SKAdNetwork would only send generic user information to the advertiser.

i hope facebook win. just kidding.

Facebook being clowns in Australia.

The proposed Australian media law is bullshit. Itā€™s fucking egregious that anyone has to pay for sharing links, Google giving the Murdoch empire money (which they have agreed to) makes the world a worse place. Will Discourse have to raise their prices so I can post news links here?

But blocking government health info in the middle of a pandemic will just turn every day users and the rest of parliament against you.

1 Like

Out now on YouTube!

In this video I analyse Facebookā€™s stock ($FB) using fundamental analysis. Is Facebook stock a buy? I explain why I think Facebook could be worth at least $400 per share.

I go through Facebookā€™s business summary & sales breakdown to get an understanding of the business. After this, I go through my analysis checklist and then value Facebook stock using the discounted free cashflow method.

The Investors Podcast Episode 355 explains how Facebook is an asset light, money printing machine with some moonshot R&D that is potentially undervalued.

Facebook allocated over $18 billion equal to 21% of its fiscal year 2020 revenue towards R&D spending. Theyā€™re also working in areas of AR/VR, AI, blockchain and cryptocurrencies, data science, computer vision, machine learning, cyber security, natural language processing, and more.

I recommended that anyone interested in Facebook stock should listen to this episode as it is full of golden nuggets.

Please let me know your thoughts on the video and give a like and a comment if you enjoy it!

1 Like

The UKā€™s Competition and Markets Authority seriously believe Facebook could monopolise GIFs. Your taxes, hard at work.

1 Like

Thoughts on the new Facebook x Ray Bans?

4 Likes

What are these?? Built in Facebook? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

More vaporware.

2 Likes

VaporWear :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Can I watch my FB share price through them :star_struck:

Nobody will buy these. These are so stupid!

• 5 megapixel camera is terrible
  • 6 hour battery life is not long enough for a day out
  • $299 isnā€™t cheap enough for these to be ā€˜funā€™
  • Early adopters of new technology wonā€™t touch anything from Facebook.

There is a reason why hardware is called hard.

2 Likes

Google Glass didnā€™t exactly set the world on fire. The privacy of non users was a serious concern at the time. It would be even more so with these (awful looking) thingsā€¦

2 Likes

Agreed, and I imagine some people using them in a pervy way which will soon bring bad PR. Whatā€™s the fascination of publishing everything in your life for some people? A sad sad state humans are in.

I feel like a product like this is just R&D like ā€œjust get something out thereā€. Then they will learn from it and be able to develop a better product ix future and see what works well with people.

Theyā€™re probably not trying to make massive revenue with this, just covering their costs and if 1,000 x people buy it then they can get some good data.

1 Like

Quite disappointed with this

They should have built in AR capability

There is no way this is worth the same amount as oculus rift 2

Snap spectacles came way before and have kind of flopped so what is the point?

1 Like

They know what theyā€™re doing and they donā€™t care.

Like the worst aspects oil & tobacco but aimed at teenagers.

• A 2019 presentation slide said: ā€œWe make body-image issues worse for one in three teenage girlsā€
3 Likes