Meta - META - Share Chat

Sometime you double take, no that is an actual headline.

2 Likes

The product looks like a mental health version of tobacco.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s why we love the stock

Edit: just read a bit of the article, donā€™t agree with that!

2 Likes

Agreed.
One reason I wonā€™t use FB and InstaGram :wink:

1 Like

I was making a joke. For an investor with no regard for ethics, this is a good thing. But, reading the article, it seems pretty messed up but not that surprising.

Iā€™m holding my shares anyway, I donā€™t invest ā€œethicallyā€ but for gains.

4 Likes

I read your post again and realized what you wrote, and realise I agree :slight_smile:

I have amended my earlier reply.

4 Likes

In good conscience I cannot slam FB while owning their stock so donā€™t. Itā€™s almost a pastime for me but sometimes they make it too easy!

Iā€™m sure people got rich off Purdue Pharma & Philip Morris but Iā€™ll find out ways of building wealth.

2 Likes

I can sit smug not having shares or an FB account of any sort :joy: Apart from the ethical issues, the only only reason I didnā€™t invest is because I see it one day collapsing like Friends reunited. It may be slower as it is so big but I think the dominant position will end sooner or later. Just plenty of better shares to buy in my opinion.

Facebook isnā€™t ā€œfacebook.comā€ though, itā€™s a corporation with many different diversified products: Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, oculus.

Found an article from 2019, Instagram is 30% of its revenues, I would image Facebook.com is around 50% and probably decreasing over time as they diversify with newer products. Iā€™m investing in the company, not the product.

1 Like

Satire is impossible when write it themselves!

ā€œFacebook is struggling with ā€œglobal teen penetrationā€

1 Like

One thing that I read about Facebook that stuck with me is they always push it too far with privacy concerns, then when they receive the backlash they push it back a little bit, but still make progress. Thatā€™s how they progress.

2 steps forward and 1 step back.

Until ethics become more important in business, the fewer ethics a company has, the more competitive they advantage they have in business.

Still holding my one share:

2 Likes

Facebook, IG, WhatsApp and Messenger down for over an hour and the stock is down 6% today.

2 Likes

Ads platform is down too

Oculus as well :sweat_smile:

Can the games be played offline when the service is down?

Its trueā€¦ what are people gunna do when their just sat there. They might have to actually talk to their partners.

Heā€™s right, can you imagine being in the team trying to sort this out!

4 Likes

Normally making the cover of Time is a good thing ā€¦

1 Like
1 Like