Meta - META - Share Chat

“increased calls for regulation to curb its influence”

• Facebook creates it’s own completely separate reality where it in effect plays god :rofl:
1 Like

Sure Mark - a new name is what you need, not a less parasitic business model.

1 Like

Can we get a competition going to name them?

MetaAdverse - a play on ads and adverse :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The Facebook?

1 Like

Scrapbook?

1 Like

Lose the “the”, it’s cleaner
download

1 Like

Here’s The Verge on Facebook’s existential threat, their audience aging up.

Their core product is basically Friends Reunited at this point, but with more anti-vaxx misinformation.

8 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

So the new name is … Meta

3 Likes

3 Likes

Stock ticker will change to MVRS from December 1st

1 Like

8 Likes

Metaverse sounds like it came from a comic book or tv show. Horrible name too.

2 Likes

It did!!

And it’s just a distraction so that Zuck can create a load of new CEO positions - CEO of Insta, WhatsaApp, Facebook, Oculus - and then deflect government inquiries away from himself and to those CEOs.

“Oh you’ll have to ask the CEO of Facebook that question, not me, I’m CEO of Meta Group”

Facebook enables genocide. Delete it.

4 Likes

Genius Zuckerberg. Well let’s hope this metaverse is actually going to revolutionize technology and not be another dive on personal data to sell.

Welp… I almost guessed it right :smile:

5 Likes

He is too in trenched with Facebook to pull this off properly it’s a great decision but ultimately he’s become the bogey man and to suggest he has a subordinate more responsible won’t work.

Alphabet did this but Larry Page & Sergei Brin didn’t have a movie made about them starting Google from his dorm room. They also put up a talented likeable person in Sudai to be the new figure head.

This is akin to the CEO of an oil company saying “oh sorry that oil spill isn’t really my responsibility you need the other guy- I spend my time thinking about waves and humming along to wind turbines”

1 Like

Just tell us which stocks will be the next winner oh great sage!

2 Likes

Amazon, but only after it rebrands to Deforest, ticker DFRST. Watch this space…

2 Likes

I found this funny about the name change :rofl: :rofl:

Mocking Meta: Facebook’s virtual reality name change prompts backlash | Meta | The Guardian

1 Like